PROLOUGE

"can't fold, won't switch."

Saviour La Negra
POLICE STATION
Harlem, ny.
10/24/22

"When mama died, she left me in charge." I spoke slowly, bringing the cigarette to my lips before speaking again. "My youngest sister was like 9, but I had no idea on how to raise children forreal."

"And how old were you at the time?"The detective asked, taking a sip of his black coffee. A known racist, letting black seep through his body; how ironic.

"16." I said blandly, looking down at my nails. I had only been here a few hours but still managed to slap a hoe back in my holding cell for not respecting my personal space.

"And being that you were so young, how were you able to take care of your siblings?" His partner asked, his tone a little harsher than the other. He was trying to intimidate me but I wouldn't fold and snitch on my own, that's rule one.

Giving him a blank stare, I brung the cigarette to my lips once again, using my other hand to motion towards the big file sitting adjacent from us.

"You the one with the file thinking you know me and shit. What did I do to make sure we survived out here?"

Despite being born into a system that was designed for us to fail, we were dealt the wrong hand of life as well. Daddy died a year before Mama to gang violence. Then Mama died due to cancer complications.

"Well as your arrest record states, before the age of 18 you were arrested 3 times for prostitution and once for drug possession."

Shrugging sarcastically, I chuckled a little. "Seem like you got all the facts." I did what I felt like I had to do back then.

As a woman, I felt nasty and knew it was beneath me but I had 3 other girls to care for. Our parents never really brought us around their families or even talked to them as far as I knew, so I had to step up.

We didn't have nobody to take us in, all we had was each other and I was determined to never let us get split up.

Being the oldest, I was always around and seen things that a youngin' probably shouldn't have. Everything my dad and mom knew about surviving I knew.

Growing up I stored the shit in the back of my mind, thinking the day for me to use my street smarts would never come but life happened and I had to grow the fuck up.

I became the baddest bitch in Harlem at the age of 16, using anything I had or knew to get ahead. The name is SAVIOUR though, SAVIOUR LA NEGRA to be exact.

The bitch who got the whole city scared, and this is the story of the baddest mafia around, LA NEGRA.

Our story.