Part 3

"Frankenstein."
"Dracula."
"Dorian Gray."
"Jane Eyre."
I like saying the names of the books I put away on the shelf. It's a reminder that I've read them all.
I smile after I put each book away, remembering the joy of reading them. As a kid I wasn't much of a reader. I learned in my teens that reading is a special and an important hobby to have. I always thought that having an amazing vocabulary and creativity were very important traits  to have. And so I found the joy of reading and writing. Working at a library can be a great job if you like reading. Asking the customers what kind of book they like, what do they recommend. Just gives me more options and knowledge. The library I work at is also the library that is in the school I go to. A university that specializes in literature, so you could imagine how grand that library could be.
"Benny!"
"Yes?"
" Could you help me over here?"
" Where are you?"
"Fiction!"
I walked over.
Seeing Annie try to reach. I've always found it funny. I wonder... Why does she work here? The shelves are tall.
" Next time, I suggest using a stool. You'll be the same height as me if u do."
She chuckles.
As do I.
" Ben?"
"Yes?"
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No. Why? Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
"No!" She looked shy. "I was just curious."
"So am I. Do you have a boyfriend, Annie?"
"No. I don't."
Smiling, I walk away back to my station. Continuing putting thick books on tall shelves.