CONTEST INFO AND RULES

Hey, hi!

I’m a five-time published author, and I’m totally into fostering creativity and supporting other writers. In fact my first book was called Girl Power: Young Women Speak Out!, and it was a collection of works by girls, ages 13-19, from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. I also created and hosted a literary website called FRESH YARN, where I published hundreds of personal essays that I selected and edited from both established and unpublished writers. And now I've found that Wattpad is the PERFECT platform to do what I love, which is help new writers find their voice and improve their craft.

So in honor of my most recent book publication, FIND ME I'M YOURS, which is an interactive “CLICK LIT” eBook novel featuring artwork, videos, and 33 custom websites all integrated into the story (!), I’ve not only shared a chunk of the book for FREE here on Wattpad, but I’m also hosting an ongoing series of contests called #enter4edits where I do a call for submissions based on one of the themes from FIND ME I’M YOURS (like break-ups, dysfunctional families, and finding your soulmate), and one winner per each contest will get her/his work edited by me! I’ll also give her/him a few other great prizes including a free copy of FIND ME I'M YOURS, and shout-outs on our social media!  Whatta offer, amiright?!?

Here’s how it works:

1) As a jumping off point, I will post an excerpt from FIND ME I'M YOURS that has to do with that week’s theme.

2) Then in the comments below, you submit your writing based on that theme. Since comments are limited to 2,000 characters, it can’t be any longer than that (approx. 300 words). Your post must fit into ONE comment.  

3)  Feel free to enter as many DIFFERENT submissions as you’d like!

4) You must be a follower to have your entry considered, so if you’re not yet following me, do it now!

5) Tag your entry #enter4edits.

6) The  current #enter4edits contest, “FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE,” will run for five (5) days starting today, January 16th, and will end on Wednesday, January 21st at 5:00 p.m. U.S. PST. I will pick a winner and announce that person the following day (Thursday).

7) Since I will give the writer of the winning submission full-on feedback with edits, as well as a shout-out on Wattpad and on FIND ME I'M YOURS social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr) AND a free download of the eBook, I will private message the winner to make arrangements for all.

8) If you appreciate what I’m doing here, then please read chapters of FIND ME I'M YOURS here on Wattpad, comment, vote, etc. And then once you're hooked, why not get the whole book? =) http://findmeimyours.com/how-to-get-and-read-the-book.

Excited to read your work.

WRITE ON!

XO HC