CONTEST #4: FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE

Make sure you check out CONTEST INFO AND RULES first!

READ the following excerpt from my eBook novel, FIND ME I'M YOURS, that shows you an example of this current contest theme “FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE."

*********************************************************************************

I’m pretty sure I spotted him at the 99¢ store, buying a can of deviled ham. Ya gotta love a boy who eats deviled ham AND appreciates a bargain.

Or that could have been him at the ATM carrying a tuba. Who frickin’ takes a tuba to the bank?! I could easily fall in love with that.

Or he might have been at Intelligentsia, ordering a Dirty Chai and sporting a killer tattoo, "LOVE WINS" hidden on the inside of his second finger.

I think I see him everywhere. At the Laundromat with headphones on, not realizing he’s singing along way loud; walking his one-eared dog.

But what am I gonna do? I’m too shy to go up to any one of these random strangers. And what would I say? “Hey, Random Stranger, I have reason to believe you just might be my soul mate”?

And, really, I can’t even say the word SOUL.

Back in the day it meant something. Like sweaty Gospel churches, or tortured love poems:

“I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps…”

—Pablo Neruda

Soulful, right?! But now SOUL has been so diluted, misused, and abused. Case in point, the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series that includes: Chicken Soup for the Nascar Soul, Chicken Soup for the Woman Golfer’s Soul, Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul, and Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover’s Soul, II. (What, are there so many Horse Lovers they had to publish a second volume?)

But I’m certain he’s out there. Well, most likely. Possibly. Maybe? I fucking hope so.

I’ve believed in true love since I was five years old and fell for a boy named Boo who took off all of his clothes while we were at the top of the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island, and threw them into the Atlantic below. His mom bought a sequined cape off the back of a fire eater to place over Boo’s naked body, and we rode the subway home, my first love covered in stardust.

Copyright 2014 Hillary Carlip

**************************************************************************************
CONTEST #4: FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE

Do you believe in soul mates?

There are crushes, there are people you hook up with, or hang out with, or even say you’re “going out with.”  But those people may not be the same as that special someone that from the moment you lay eyes on him or her, you know from the pit of your stomach to deep inside your heart that you’ve met the match of a lifetime.

Write a scene on the theme of “FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE" – fiction or non-fiction, from something you’ve already written or write especially for this contest – and post your entry as a comment on this story.

It can be about the search itself (which is what Find Me I’m Yours is about =)), or it can be about that incredible moment when two people realize that they are each other’s soul mates.

I’ll pick one winning piece that I will edit and give feedback on. I’ll also send the winner a free download of FIND ME I’M YOURS, and give her/him a shout-out on Wattpad and FIND ME I’M YOURS’ Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.

TIMELINE:

1) The “FINDING YOUR SOUL MATE” Contest will run for five (5) days starting today, January 16th, and will end on Wednesday, January 21st at 5:00 p.m. U.S. PST.

2) I will then select and announce the winner on Thursday, January 22nd.

3) I will private message the winner to make arrangements for her/him to get all the kick ass prizes!

WRITE ON!

XO HC