Unknown Feelings

ROSE'S P.O.V.

"Sweetie please come out. What's gotten into you?" My mother's voice echoed in my head.

I laid in bed struggling to comprehend the situation. Why was I repeating the day? Had it all been a bad dream perhaps? No. It felt real. I gazed at my phone to check the time. May 15 20XX. There was no mistaking it. It was today. Maybe I was so anxious about the day that I had given myself a nightmare about it. But that pain I felt. The pain of my heart as it broke. The pain of my bones breaking in every single place as I shifted.

A dream shouldn't feel that real.

" Rose just talk to us. Whatever's wrong we can fix it together." My dad gently knocked on my door. I wouldn't answer even once. Is this my punishment for lying about a life I never had or never will? I feel like I'm going crazy. My body began to tremble as I hid under the covers. Dream or not. I'm not going to school today. I don't wanna die. I...just wanna be okay.

"Hush my child. You're going to be alright now. I promise you. Just rest." An unknown voice that I was unfamiliar with, but it calmed me. My eyes felt heavy as they fell into a deep slumber.

??? P.O.V.

I felt unsettled. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something about today wasn't right. Why did I feel this way? I made my way down the hallway of the school as students bowed and gave their usual morning greetings to me. I'm the alpha that goes to Solar Moon High School. Many respect me and look up to me as the future of the Moon pack. All know my name.

The first period is Psychology. Making my way to the class I'm stopped by a familiar blonde that I know too well.

"Good morning sexy. Were you on your way to class?" Brittany's voice was quite seductive as a girl who knew how to target her prey.

"As a matter of fact, I was. It's a new school year so I have to set a good example for others to follow. You should be on your way to class as well."

A sigh escaped her lips, "I know but I wanted to see you before I got stuck in some boring math class." She came close and traced her finger down my chest, "Can't I spend some time with you before then?"

I understood the meaning of her words very quickly. Typical Brittany. "You should be more focused on your studies instead of hookups. You'll be late dwelling on this conversation." I crossed my arms showing how stern I was, but she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Come on. Classes don't start for another 15 minutes. Please Alpha?" She begged in a voice that reminded one of a child whining for candy. I stared down at her for a moment before sighing in defeat. What the hell. I've slept with this girl more times than I can count. The sex doesn't mean anything anyway so what am I worried about? Plus, I've been stressed out from work lately. Perhaps a reliever will do me some good. My hand caresses her cheek as she giggles in delight. I lean down to kiss her lips, but before mine can brush against hers, I stop.

Strange. I was in the mood a second ago, but now the feeling is gone. I pull away withdrawing my hand from her face. She looks confused as I stop the intimacy. "Hey what's wrong?" I look at her face before taking her arms off me. "Sorry. Not in the mood today. Go to class Brittany." I walk past her as she's stunned by the end of what would have been our normal fun. That was the first time I rejected having sex with her. Maybe there was something wrong with me. Once I was in class, I was greeted by everyone as I sat in the back. I took out my phone as it read 7:52. 8 minutes until class starts. I thought more about this uneasy feeling I felt as I closed my eyes for a moment until I heard a voice.

'Liam' The inner voice. My wolf Orion spoke breaking me out of my focus.

'What? Look, if this is about earlier I'm sorry. I just didn't feel like it. If it's necessary, I'll find Brittany later' I responded.