Dominance

ROSE'S P.O.V

"Rose...rose...rose..."

A voice called out to me over and over. I couldn't tell who it was. My surroundings were pitch dark. I was alone, but I felt warm and safe. I didn't have any intention of leaving this state of mind.

"You've rested enough. You must wake now. It's time to get up my child."

There it was again. That sweet voice that was unknown and mysterious, but I did not fear it. My eyes opened awaking me from the darkness, and I was surrounded by a tearful mother and restless father.

"She's awake! My baby!" My mother wrapped her arms around me right, but not too tight to hurt me.

"Mom?" Confused, I remained in the hug until I heard her sniffs and sobs. My daughterly instincts kicked in and I instantly held her back. "Mom what's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

She couldn't answer me from her heavy crying. I looked up to my dad who had come close and held me as well. A few tears had stained his face as I was stunned by it all. I had never in my life seen my dad cry. Whatever was going on I didn't like it one bit. It was hurting my family, making me upset too.

"Mom, dad what happened?? Why are you both crying??" I asked in a second attempt. Dad was the first one to break the silence.

"We thought we were going to lose you, baby girl." He spoke softly as he gently loosened his hold and looked at me.

"Lose me how??" At that moment, I felt an irritating bright light hit my face as dad moved a bit allowing the light to break through to me. My room lights aren't that bright. It was then I realized that I was in a completely different space. The room was white with a big window to the right. There was a small TV on the wall and a big cabinet that was empty. I shifted and looked down to see that there the white sheets were thin, and underneath was IV's in my arm. This isn't my room.

"Rose you wouldn't wake up!" Mom exclaimed as she finally calmed down enough to release her hold on me as she wiped her tears. "We tried everything, but you wouldn't wake up no matter what we did!"

"I...I was sleeping, mom. It was only for a few hours. Am I really in a hospital right now??" I asked in disbelief.

"Rose," she inhaled slowly trying to calm her breath. "You've been in a coma for 3 months. We didn't understand why you had just fallen asleep and wouldn't wake up. There was a time..." Her voice cracked as she choked on her tears. "That your heart had stopped. The doctors thought you weren't gonna make it. Your father and I...." She paused again as dad came around and held her, rubbing her back gently, "We thought you weren't gonna make it..." She spoke softly as she tried to focus on her breathing. Dad continued rubbing her back and telling her everything was alright now that I was awake. I sat there dumbfounded and shocked. 3 months??? I've been in this hospital for 3 months while in a coma? How did this even happen? How do you go to sleep and wake up 3 months later? This couldn't be right.

A knock was heard before a voice spoke, "Mr. and Mrs. Gardens? I'm here to check up on things in here." The door to the room opened as all heads turned to see a man in a white lab coat entered the room. He was a middle-aged man that seemed to be in his forties with short black hair and brown eyes. When he looked to see me staring at him. His eyes widened, "You're awake!"

-

"So you don't feel any pain anywhere?" The man asked as he examined me while my parents watched. My doctor was named Dr. Drew, and he was the one assigned to take care of me for the past 3 months. We had spent the past hour doing tests on my body. Of course, during the whole process, I asked to be filled in on what the hell happened, and how I ended up like this. My parents said the day of my birthday, they came to check up on me to see if I was ready to talk about why I didn't want to go to school. I didn't wake up. Apparently, they tried everything to wake me, but nothing worked. So they did the only thing they could do, get me help, and here we were.