not fair

"I don't want to! Let me go!," you scream as he shoves you in the room harshly. "Ow! It hurts!"

Sangwoo perks up from his chair, the handcuffs around his back. "Detective Lee! That blood!" he yells, looking at you. You look down, seeing the blood drip. You had cut yourself on your wrist when he threw you into the car. You didn't realize it was bad. "That wound on her wrist! Let go!!" he yells, jumping up, his eyes turning darker. The room goes quiet as he looks at you, at the tears spilling down your cheeks. "Ah. Baby. Baby! Are you okay! Your face! Did he do this to you?" He looks down at your feet. "You aren't even wearing shoes, baby! You'll hurt yourself like that!" You start tearing up more as Detective Lee has to jump in the way. "At least give her some slippers!! What the hell's wrong with you!!"

The Detective shoves him to his knees. "Quit your bullshit and shut up, you damn criminal."

"Baby! Sit next to me!" Sangwoo yells. 

"I said shut up!"

"Baby!"

You shiver, tears in your eyes. "Please," you whisper. "Let me sit next to him. Please."

They give you a chair that you quickly run to so you can be close to Sangwoo. The handcuffs hurt your wrists and you can't sit comfortably like that. Sangwoo leans over to talk to you, worry in his eyes as he assess your minor injuries.

"Are you okay? Do your feet hurt?" he asks. You shake your head, trying to stay calm but you're so scared. So scared.

"Sangwoo," you whisper. "I'm scared. What's going on?"

Sangwoo sighs. "I wish I knew. Officer, why am I being arrested? What did I do?"

The officer grabs everyone's attention after Sangwoo speaks. You sniff, trying to wipe a tear away with your shoulder. Your forearm still bleeds from the wound but at least not as much as before. Sangwoo leans close enough that your arms are touching but you want to hold his hand. You want to curl up in his arms so he can hold you. 

The officer goes on and on about how Sangwoo killed so and so and Sangwoo did this and Sangwoo that. He talks for awhile, not producing any evidence besides his gut feeling and the cut on his palm. Sangwoo just watches with a confused expression. Ah. You get it. You have to pretend. You have to act like you don't know anything. Like the police are crazy. Because they are. You've never killed anyone. Neither has Sangwoo. 

"Excuse me," Sangwoo says. "He didn't arrest me." You turn your head, looking at Sangwoo but trying not to give anything away. "Officer Yang did." The people in the room murmur a few things. Sangwoo starts again, "Actually, he was looking around my house without a warrent."

The people start yelling things, making you jump as you start shaking from the loud noise. Sangwoo jumps up. "I'm so sorry! I actually thought Officer Yang was. . ." he pauses, looking down at you with sad eyes. "I thought he was Y/n's ex-boyfriend. I'm really sorry!" 

The room goes silent. You stare at Sangwoo, tears rolling down your cheeks. 

"She had told me that her ex was clingy and abusive. When I saw the bruises on her body, I realized how serious it really was. I was worried about her safety. I didn't want her to be alone with him anymore and I didn't want her to live with her. She deserves better than him."

The officer blows up, yelling about how he showed him his police badge, how Sangwoo should have known that he was an officer. He keeps going on and on about how Sangwoo is lying and he's trying to deflect everything Sangwoo said. 

Sangwoo shakes his head and goes on to talk about the day that same officer came to your house with Sangwoo. You remember. You were so scared. Almost as much as you are now. Sangwoo mentions how he thought the officer was Lee. Even though Lee is dead. He talks about how he showed him around the house thinking that he'd leave Sangwoo and you alone once he saw that you weren't there. But he hadn't. He defends himself, saying that he was afraid for you and that he was scared your ex had come back to take you away physically. He pleads his case so perfectly, so greatly that even you believe it. Almost. He makes it seem like that was true.