The End - A brief summary of the remaining story

Doing this for the readers who like my stories.

***

Manik and Nandini eventually convince her parents to accept their relationship and they successfully get everyone to believe that they were never dating. The 'piano bitch', Manik's colleague is Soha who has outed them because she likes Manik. To know the reason behind Manik's sudden off, she goes to his office. She spots Manik and Nandini together, records them and they get to know about her from CCTV footage. The only positive person on that post, @pianist_sk623, is Soha Khanna, trying to play good.

Manik then tells Nandini about his mother, about how he blames himself for Nyonika's death because her accident happens when she was arriving to watch Manik play at the ObsidIvory competition.

Nyonika, his only music teacher, could never complete her dreams because of her marriage and her husband. She introduced Manik to music because she wanted Manik to live the dreams she couldn't. And eventually, music became everything for Manik. ObsidIvory was a big break for him and he lost that because before his performance, he loses his mother and music simultaneously. That signifies his attachment to that certain competition. He asked Nandini to do it because he could see himself in her and he wanted to live his dreams, as well as his mother's, through her.

During their break up scene, Manik remembers Nyonika's words, "You're holding so tight, it's choking me." And that makes him let Nandini go because he doesn't want to cage her. He remembers his mother dying with a smile because she was finally free.

(Nyonika was supposed to die of a long term disease when I planned this story, cancer mostly. But after it happened to my own mother, I changed it to accident. And that may fail to signify the screams and echoes which Manik hears whenever he plays piano.)

Nandini and SPACE win both the competitions and on her graduation day, they do come out with the tag #loveislove and that, it doesn't need to be judged. Mukti comes out to her parents on the day their orchestra wins. Mukti's Mom refuses to accept her but eventually does. Her father, on the contrary, accepts her with, "You took so long, I was worried if you had found Narnia in the closet."

Kiara takes legal help to get her parents to agree after the truth of her and Manik's engagement comes in front of her parents. Also, Kiara and Mukti fist meet each other on Tinder, when Kiara was in US. To handle her work, she back to India. During Jake's birthday party, Mukti leaves and ends up in Kiara's hotel instead. They identify each other and that is when they decide to get into a relationship, take it slow and serious.

Aryaman makes peace with the fact that Manik and Nandini love each other and focuses on his career instead. He becomes a world-famous singer. Mukti becomes a part of his band while Manik and Nandini turn out to be his co-lyricists. He falls in love with his crew member, a dancer named Zoya. Because religion doesn't really stop love.

Manik continues his architecture and Nandini decides to be a music teacher for the physically disabled children. She donates her earnings to them because Manik earns more than what they require. Manik and Nandini eventually get married, settle on two kids. After one kid, Nandini becomes pregnant with twins and they go bummed. They overcome it, accept their kid but the third kid, Aayaansh, gets to know that they never wanted him.

Loving Mr. Malhotra was supposed to be a sequel dealing with sibling inferiority and bad parenting. Aayaansh is passionate about hockey, wanting to play for his country but Manik and Nandini want him to focus on studies, do engineering instead like their other two favourite kids. They never watch him play after school years because like many parents, 'they were busy.'

Aayaansh becomes rebellious, comparing himself to his older siblings, failing and sinking down. He thinks that he never really could fit into their 'perfect' family, almost like a baggage. Because he hears his parents say, "We never really wanted three kids. But Aayaansh just came and—" he doesn't listen after that, makes assumptions (Like, why Aayaansh? Why not his other two siblings? Why he's the extra?) and begins considering himself to be an outsider in his own family.

He does engineering, struggling for his dreams side by side. He falls in love with his classmate, a fragile boy named Vivaan, who understands him like his parents couldn't. Nandini turns out, "It's different when it comes to your own child." She repeats the same mistake she did with Mukti and hurts Aayaansh the same.

Vivaan is a passionate cook but coming from an orthodox family with mentality 'women must cook', he keeps his dreams aside and lives for something he doesn't want to. But he gets up and decides to fight for the boy he can't live without.

The story then would have dealt with the mentality of people about accepting them and how communication gap between parents and their children affect the children. How the constant comparison between the siblings ruin the mind of the overshadowed. And so much minor things that make a major difference.

That's all. I haven't thought after it.

***

I got emotional writing it. But I thought, this is the closure my readers deserve.

PS: For this, I'm keeping my books for 24 more hours. After that, I'm taking them down. Sorry and thank you.