Fated day

I ran over to the rooftop of the hotel praying to heavens to stop that stupid girl from being more stupid. I felt my knees weaken as I climb the stairs of 15 floors in the speed of sound. When I reached the rooftop, she was standing at the edge of the wall in her wedding dress, facing me. The moment she saw my face she had a faint smiled and said, "Good bye Thia." Before I take another step towards her, she jumped from the building, "No..." and the next thing I heard was 'Dddddhhhhooooopppp'.

I ran over to the edge to see my sister on the ground in the flood of her own blood. Tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. "Why? Why?" No other words came out of my mouth. I gathered my strength and ran down to my sister with uncontrollable tears. When I reached my sister, a huge crowd stood around her just simply watching.

"Sis!" I ran over to her and took her on my lap. I hugged her and cried.

"Th... Thia..." I looked at my sister who was barely alive after falling down from 15th floor.

"Sis! Sis... Nothing will happen to you. I... I'll take you to the hospital. Sis!" I cried. "Someone call the ambulance! Please... Call the ambulance!"

"Thia... I.. I... loved him truly. Th.. that's why I could... I couldn't accept that he cheated on me with you." She said in the strength that left on her body with tears and blood flooding her.

"I didn't know sis. I didn't know he's your fiance. I never got to know... I'm sorry sis... I'm sorry." I cried.

"Stupid girl. I know... I know my sister... No need to be sorry for... For someone who played with our life. Don't... Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I'm sorryyyy.." She closed her eyes as her hand which I was holding dropped in lack of balance.

"Sis!!!" I cried. Before the ambulance arrived the only family of mine died in my embrace. 'If I made a different decision that day when he said he likes me, my sister would have been alive now.' I blame myself for my sister's death even though she said otherwise.

"Thia!" Leo ran over by looking at me holding my dead sister in hands. "Thia!" As he approached me, the crowd started to murmur something among themselves.

"Stop where you are! Don't you dare to take a step towards me or my sister. If... If it was not for you, my sister would be alive now. You cheating bastard! Get lost from my eyesight." I shouted at him. I didn't wanted to see his face even for a single time. The ambulance finally came and took my sister to the hospital.

Since my sister donated her body and organs, that was the last time I saw her face. I walked and walked and walked on the road without knowing where it's leading me to. The truth hurts... My sister who took care of me like a mother was no more in this world. And that's because of my stupidity. Finally the road lead me to the Manhattan Bridge. When I saw the point where the river meets the sky, I remembered the words my sister used to tell me when I was a kid, "Where the river and sky meets is the Paradise's Gate."

I looked at the point and stood there for god only knows hours. Each and every moment I spent with my sister flashed in front of my eyes. Suddenly someone pushed me into the river. I didn't cared to look at their face because I was already filled with the regret over my sister's death. I strongly believed that I'm not supposed to live in this world anymore. Even though I didn't intended on suicide, I'm not scared or objection of dying now.

I opened my arms to embrace the death which was approaching me. The moment I hit the water, I felt closer to my sister. Everything happened in my life came before my eyes.

I'm Thia. The sinful 25 years old girl who stole her sister's fiance and became the reason for her death even though I never got to know he was her fiance.

I'm an intern doing my internship in London in the Department of Neurology in The Royal London Hospital. My sister Yedda was my only family since our parents died on a car accident when I was five years old. My sister was the one who worked hard to keep our parent's company safe and to take care of myself at a very young age.

I met the guy whom I shouldn't have met 15 months ago in airport. He helped me with my luggages and he was happened to get treatment in the hospital where I started my internship. As the day passed he got cured and we became friends and after few weeks we became a couple. Since I'm an intern, I couldn't think about going on a proper date because an intern rarely get time to sleep. But he was very understanding.

One day he returned to New York for meeting his parents. That's when my sister called me and told me that she met a guy and they are in relationship. I was very happy for her to think about her happiness for the first time in her life. Few months passed. He was busy with his business and I was busy with my internship, but we never missed to call each other and talk for at least an hour. I kept my relationship as a surprise for my sister. I wanted to tell her face to face, but I didn't know that the truth will cost her life itself.

My sister Yedda called me one day and happily told me that her boyfriend proposed to her and she too accepted his proposal. I was the most happiest person in the world that time. So I broke the surprise to my sister too. She was also very happy for me to find a man who I love the most. When she asked about the man, I must have at least said his name to her. Instead I told her that I'll introduce him on her wedding day.

When I told Leo about my sister's wedding he seems to be very happy. I applied for leave, but my leave got approved for only two days and that started at the afternoon before my sister's wedding. So I rushed back to New York just today morning. I kept it as secret from both my sister and Leo to surprise them, but I was the one one who got surprised when  my sister introduced Leo to me as her fiance after I reach the hotel.

I felt like my world crumbled. I wanted to tell my sister everything, but the love I saw in her eyes made me impossible to utter a word. It'd have been good if my sister never got to know the truth. It'd have been better if I was the one who was left heartbroken. Because I know very well that my sister can't handle it even though she handles a big corporate company.

I thought my sister left us alone in the room when she was called by Leo's mother. If I knew she was standing outside the room and if I knew she could hear our conversation right away, I'd never uttered a word that time.

"Thia!" He took my hand and tried to hug me.

"Don't you dare to touch me. How could you? How could you do this to me and my sister?" I broke down in tears as the anticipation grew inside me. "You told me that you love me. How could you love my sister too? How could you love both of us together?"

"I really love you Thia. I want you. I can't live without you." He said shamelessly by hugging me which made me more angry.

I pushed him away as I broke from his embrace, "Then what about my sister? Have you ever loved me or Yedda? She was crazily in love with you. How could you do this?"

"What are you talking about Thia?" Yedda was standing at the door with a very shocked expression. "Is he the guy you told me about?" I couldn't say anything to my sister. I told her that I'll introduce him to her on her wedding day. How could I introduce her fiance as my boyfriend? How could I say that we both fell for the same guy and how could I say he cheated both of us. "Tell me now Thia!" She asked with teary eyes. When I nodded with tears all over my face, she ran away to the lift. I tried to get into the lift with her, but before I got into it, she closed the door.

I ran over to the staircase and climbed the stairs. When I saw the 15th floor on the lift, I was scared to death. I rushed to the rooftop fastly, but it was already too late when I reached there. I couldn't save my only sister's life.

When I couldn't even save my only sister's life, how could I save numerous lives by becoming a doctor? what is the point of living?

As I got drowning, the water entered into my mouth and nose which made me suffocate. I saw my sister as I was drowning deep down the river. "Why did you do this?" She asked me with teary eyes.

"I'm... sorry... sis..." I slowly closed my eyes as I felt the water filling my stomach and lungs.