「 twenty-eight 」

Young Eun's POV
"Kai"

"Kai? Which Kai?"

"The one when I first took you to our underground hideout and we hid in the closet because Kai was there, remember?"

I knitted my brows at him, trying hard to remember what happened a long time ago.

Jungkook saw that I still couldn't remember as he let out a heavy sigh.
"Remember before I let you in, we made a promise not to tell others about this place because we have lots of enemies?"

I remember the promise. Fortunately, I also remember why we hid in the closet that day. I quickly nodded and apologised for taking me so long to remember it.

As I was going to speak up, the professor came in with a shock expression when he saw that the lab was just as dirty as it was. His expression soon turned into a furious one.

Jungkook and I quickly stood up and hung our heads low. Yeah, we've been chatting the whole day, time passed so damn quickly and it was at this moment when we knew it, we're fucked up.

"The two of you, get out. I'm calling your parents tomorrow."
The professor shot us a murderous glare as he pointed at the door.

Wait, there's no way he's calling my parents. They have jobs and I'm sure they're busy as hell. What will happen if they find out that I wasn't good in school?

"But we—"

I tried to save our ass but Jungkook here seemed unbothered. I soon got cut off by the cocky professor when he yelled another "get out".

I made sure to roll my eyes at him before exiting the lab with Jungkook following quietly behind me.

As we were walking, I hung my head low, thinking about what excuse I can say to my parents when the school calls them, but my thoughts were soon interrupted when I felt a tight grip on my forearm.

I shrugged off my thoughts and looked up to Jungkook who was standing in front of me, a hint of worry in his eyes as I tilted my head to a side with a confused expression.

"Look Young Eun, I'll—"

Jungkook got cut off when an awfully familiar voice interrupted him. I could feel myself trembling when I saw Daehwi, standing straight behind Jungkook. Anger visible in his eyes that were already boiling at the sight of me and Jungkook together.

"What are you doing?"
Daehwi rushes over to my side and slapped Jungkook's hand on my forearm away before pulling me behind him.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say to Daehwi, I don't even know if I can face him now. I'm too shameless, I've did so many things with Jungkook behind his back even if Jungkook was the one who caused Daehwi's accident. Correction, not an accident.

Jungkook's eyes darkened as Daehwi's fingers were intertwined with mine. Jungkook was also furious. He let out a heavy sigh and finally spoke up.

"Lee Daehwi, we need to talk in pri—"

"No, let's talk here. Say it in front of Young Eun, unless you're hiding something from her?"

It was my first time seeing Daehwi like this. He's usually soft and cute when he's with me but now, the both of them were having a stare-glare contest.

Somebody get me my popcorn, ok sorry.

I quickly step up in between the two cows and interrupted their stare-glare contest. Whispering a sorry to Jungkook, I dragged Daehwi outside the building and sat him down on a bench under a tree.

Daehwi's POV
"Young Eun, where are you taking me? I need an explanation. Why were you with Jungkook? What did you do with Jung—"

She finally stopped pulling me like a dog and sat me down on a bench. There were no one around us. It was just the two of us under the tree with fresh air roaming in my nostrils.

I looked up to Young Eun, dumbfounded with a raised brow. She didn't speak, instead she wrapped and locked her arms around my neck, standing straight in front of me. Her sparkling eyes bore into mine with an unreadable expression.

I could feel my heart drumming against my ribs. I hope it's not too loud for her to hear it. Why is she looking at me like that?

"D-Daehwi, there's something on my mind.. I mean, let's talk. I need to tell you something before I hurt you."
She finally spoke up. Her eyes suddenly getting teary as a tear rolled down her soft cheeks.

I quickly stood up with worry and confusion plastered on my face. I cupped her face with my left hand and wiped the tears off her cheeks while I held her hand tightly with my other hand.

"W-What's wrong, babe? Are you sick? You're not feeling well?"
My sixth sense told me that something was wrong with her, she's gonna tell me something bad, right?

Young Eun attacked me with a hug and continued crying, my shirt now drenched in her tears but that's okay, I can always go home and wash it with TOP, my favourite laundry detergent.

She's such a baby, uwu, must protect her at all costs.

"What happened?" I asked again, placing a finger on her chin and making her look at me.

Before she could answer my question, her phone rang. Someone sent her a text. She quickly wiped her tears and fished out her phone in her pocket.

I couldn't see the message though, I wouldn't and will never unless she gives me the permission to. After she checked the message, her eyes widened in shock.

Young Eun's POV
Namjoon:
Hello dear, it's been three months ;) 4k with interest included. Come to our place tonight, see you ;)

I didn't notice myself trembling in fear until Daehwi placed a hand on my shoulder and patted it to soothe me down. It was obvious that I'm anxious, nervous and panicking.

I didn't go to work for so many weeks, I went to visit my sister in America for so long. I don't have the money. I can't ask mom back for it, I'm doomed, I'm dead.

"Young Eun, tell me what—"

Before Daehwi could say anything, I said what I needed to say and I know I'm a bitch for saying this.

"L-Let's take a break from our relationship"

To Be Continued

hello i know its boring but ill work on it lmao thank u guys who are still here even though i update a chapter slower than a sloth kahdkandjsnxn