Chapter 1 - New Friends

Today was not going to be a good day. It's my first day at a new school and a new town. I just moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma from Chicago, Illinois. School starts at 8, and I didn't know how long it would take to get to school, so I started walking to school at 7:30. When I got there I saw a girl standing in front of the school talking to two boys. The girl has brown hair with highlights and lowlights, that's a little below her shoulders. Her skin was a little darker than mine, but not too much. I could tell that she was taller than me, cause most people are taller than me. One of the boys she was talking to had the color of brown hair as her, and the same skin color. He looks a little taller than she does and he looks a little older. The other boy she was talking to had hair that looked like it was bleached. He had long legs, so I'm guessing he's on the track team. I can tell that he's taller than the brown haired boy, but not by much. I walk over to them to say hi. "Um hi, I'm Cyli. I just moved here from Chicago." I said in a shy tone. The girl turned around and looked at me. "Hi Cyli. I'm Miah, this is my brother Johnny, and this is Ponyboy." I looked over at the boy named Ponyboy. He was so cute, he has greenish-gray eyes, and the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. I must have been staring at him cause Miah yelled, "CYLI." "You don't need to yell." I said. "Sorry, but you were staring at Pony." She said with a smile. "I was not." I said. "Yes you were, wasn't she Pony." She said looking at Ponyboy. "Yeah, you were Cyli." He said looking down. I start blushing. "Sorry Ponyboy." "It's ok, and call me Pony." He said. I start blushing even harder. "Ok lovebirds, lets get inside. The doors just unlocked." Miah said."W-we aren't lovebirds." I stuttered. "Yeah, Ok." She said with a smirk. The first 5 classes were boring, but the good thing part is that I had some of my classes with Miah, Johnny, and Ponyboy. Right now it's lunch. I don't know where to sit, then I heard someone call my name. I looked over to where the sound came from, and it was Miah. I walk over to the table Miah, shaking my head. "Really, Miah, did you have to yell my name?"" Yes, yes I did." She said smiling. "H-hi C-Cyli." Johnny stuttered. "Johnny, are you ok?" I ask. I thought I did something wrong or he was scared of me? "Y-yeah I'm good. It's n-not you i-it's something from the past." He said with a weak smile. "What..." I got interrupted by Ponyboy saying, "Hey guys, umm hi C-C-Cyli." What is it with everyone stuttering today? I mean I stuttered because I was nervous and there was a cute boy standing in front of me. I know Johnny was stuttering because of something from the past, but why was ponyboy stuttering. Was he scared of me? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? Does he just hate me but that can't be true as we just met. What if... My thoughts were interrupted by Miah shaking me while saying my name. "What's wrong?" I asked. "You were cutting yourself." She said in a scared tone. "What, no I wasn't." "Yes, you were, look." She said, showing me my wrist. There was a cut that was bleeding. How didn't I know I was cutting myself? "You didn't know you were cutting yourself?" Ponyboy asked. "No I didn't. I don't know why I did that, or how I did it. Did you guy see what I used to cut myself?" I asked, panicking. I think Ponyboy could tell I was panicking cause he came over to me and grabbed my hand. I instantly calmed down and looked at him in shock. "You had a blade, Cyli." Miah said. "But I don't have a blade." I said, more confused than ever. "Look." She said grabbing my other hand and showing me the blade in my hand. I quickly dropped it and hugged Pony, cause I was about to start crying. He hugged me back and held me tight. I felt safe in his arms, but I'm not going to tell him that. Pony and I let go at the same time. I looked up at him and asked him, "Ponyboy can I wear your leather jacket to hide the cut, please?" "Yeah, no problem." He said, taking off his jacket, and handing it to me. I put it on, but it was too big and too comfortable. Plus it smelled really nice. "Thank you, P-Ponyboy." I stuttered. Damn it, why did I stutter again? Is there something wrong with me? Am I a broken toy that can't be fixed? Do I need someone to... My thoughts were interrupted again by strong hands grabbing my wrists. "Ow, that hurt. Why did you do that?" I asked. "Sorry, but you were trying to cut yourself again," Ponyboy said letting go of my wrists. "Thanks again." I said. I was feeling stupid. He looked at me confused. "For what?" He asked, still confused. "For stopping me." "It was nothing. I hate seeing my friends get hurt by other people, let alone by themselves." He said grabbing my hand again, then taking the blade in the other. Then the bell rang, and the 4 of us started walking to class. The last 4 classes were as boring as the fist 5. It was finally the end of the day, so I went to find Miah and the boys. I find them talking to another boy, so I just start walking past them. "CYLI, COME HERE." Ponyboy said running at me. Shit I can't get out of this now. I started walking over to him, and we met in the middle. "Yeah, what's up?" I asked. "The sky, I want you to meet another one of our friends." "Ok. lets go." We start walking over to them, I get lightheaded. I stopped walking and sat down in the grass. I put my head in my hands, and try to calm down. A couple minutes later it was gone, so I started walking over to where Miah and the guys were. When I got over there everyone looked at me confused, and scared. "What's wrong?" I asked, about as confused as they were. "A-are you o-ok?" Johnny asked. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be.?" I asked. "Because we saw you drop to the ground holding your head." Miah said with concern. "I didn't drop to the ground, I sat on the ground and it was because I got lightheaded." I said. It was nothing new, this stuff happened to me all the time. "So, who did you want me to meet?" I asked. "Yeah, um this is Two-bit, Two-bit this is Cyli." Ponyboy said, still confused. "Hey Two-bit, what's up?" I asked, trying to forget what just happened. "The sky." Two-bit said laughing. "What is it with you guys and saying 'the sky' after I say what's up?" I was confused and a little frustrated. "Calm down. I'll explain. Ok so when you look up you see the sky. So the sky is what's up." Miah said with a smile. "Ok. The people down here are weird." I said smiling. "Or maybe you're the one who's weird." Pony said. "You better start running, cause I'm gonna beat the tar out of you." I said with a smirk. He started running and 3 seconds later I was running after him. I was catching up to him and I was almost to him so I jumped on him. "Damn Cyli. You should try out for track." "Are you on track?" I asked. "Yeah." He said with pride. "Well then I think I'll pass" I said a smirk. "Why?" "Because you're in it." "Why does that matter, do you hate me or something?" "Pony, I don't hate you. I just get distracted by your beautiful greenish-gray eyes. I'm scared that if I look at them too long I'll get lost and not be able to find my way out. They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I don't know how I can concentrate in class, maybe it's because my back is always to you, but I don't hate you, I love you." I said the last part to myself. "I didn't know you felt that way, and Cyli, I know we just met this morning, but I love you too." Ponyboy said, grabbing my hand. Shit, he heard me. "Um, I have to get home, before something bad happens." I said the last part to myself again. "What do you mean by 'before something bad happens'? You know you can trust me right?" Pony said in a concerned tone. "It's nothing." I tried to stand up, but he pulled me onto his lap. "Well I'm not letting go till you tell me, so I guess you're not going home." He said. "Fine I'll tell you. My parents..."

A/n

Sorry I left it at a cliffhanger. Most of my chapters are going to be like this. And btw most of my chapters aren't going to be this long.