Chapter 25

"That's her, officer!" a loud woman shouted soon as Anisa pushed through the doors hand-in-hand with Zaria. "That's Anisa Kelly. She killed my aunt and tried to kill my cousin. Probably already did."

Three squad cars pulled outside the house, slinging mud all over the green, perfectly manicured yard. Along with two ambulances and a firetruck. The police hopped out their cars, engines still running. Guns drawn.

"Fuck," Anisa whispered to herself as she witnessed the mayhem in front of her.

Zaria glanced up at her, shocked by her language.

Aura. She forgot about Aura.

"I don't know what's she talking about, officers," Anisa put on her naïve front.

"Hands up!" one shouted and aimed a gun at her.

The gun holding officer motioned for another officer to bring out the handcuffs.

"What are you doing? I'm innocent!" she snarled as the officer handcuffed her wrists tighter than Dmitri and Desi had chained her earlier, reading her Miranda rights as he restrained her movements. "Let go of me!"

"Anisa?" Zaria called, her emotions playing a sinister game with her. She didn't know who to trust or believe. So, she allowed a policewoman to lead her away.

"Don't believe them, Zaria," Anisa rushed as the officer pushed her down the driveway towards his squad car.

"Ugh," a voice moaned from the front of the house.

"Sir, I got you!" an officer yelled and ran to help Desi limp through the double doors.

Another group of officers and paramedics ran into the house to check for more survivors.

Anisa gawked over her shoulder in disbelief. She jerked the officer holding her as she spun around and spat at Desi right as the paramedics approached him with a stretcher.

"You just added another offense to your already long list of charges," the officer said and tried to pull her into the backseat of the car.

Anisa yanked and jerked, trying her damndest to get to Desi. "Will you just fucking die already?"

Desi wouldn't even give her the satisfaction of eye contact as they helped him onto a stretcher. It took a group of officers to pick her up and throw her into the backseat of the car. They slammed the door on her like a worthless piece of lint.

She sat in the backseat ready to explode, but nothing could prepare her for what happened next.