Notebook 7

DRESS ABOVE

 ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Y/N POV ||  The Girls Dormitory || Night of the Yule Ball ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"So Hermione, excited?" I asked, we were separated by a wall, we were both getting changed. She was going to the Yule Ball with Viktor, a good win on her part.

"Of course!" She excitedly yelled, I could hear the smile in her voice. I pat my dress downwards, I then place the necklace onto my neck, the cold jewellery sending chills down my spine, that was once sitting on the small table. I slipped on my high heels which rested on the ground. I quickly twirled, looking at how the dress spun around my being. 

"Have you finished changing?" I asked. 

"Yes, I have!" She said. I opened the door and shuffled into her room, a rusty start since it had been a while since I had dressed this nicely. The time prior to this was when I was nine, I had to attend a 21st in Australia.

"Oh my gosh! Hermione you're a stunner!" I exclaimed, smiling widely. 

"Nothing in comparison to you!" Hermione's mouth was dropped agape. I laughed and shook my head from side to side, she was simply gorgeous in her dress, it really fit her. 

 ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Y/N POV || Dancehall || Night of the Yule Ball ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Hermione decided she was to come a little later. I walked down the stairs, the red dress that cascaded down my sides, the 3D flowers which were scattered down the long veil-like sleeves. The dress fell to my sides as I stepped down onto the next step. My silver shoes, which clicked against the stairs, were glittering in the unnatural light. I was wearing a silver necklace, decorated with a small jewel, just to match my shoes. 

I watched George look back at me, his eyes wide as he watches me glide down the stairs, a look of jealousy written all over his features. Cedric looks at George and laughs. He then looks to me and soon wore a similar expression. Boys will be boys. Cedric puts out his hand, I take it and walk with him to where the champions would be walking into. 

After some time loud music plays and we walk in with our partners, we hear murmuring, mostly about Viktor and Hermione, I soon discover that Cedric and I were also discussed heavily. We dance in time to the music, Cedric smiled dearly at me as we danced. Soon others were joining in, Dumbledore and McGonagall, Mr Filch and his cat, Hagrid and Madame Maxime. Mad-Eye sits on the sidelines drinking casually. The waltz continues, I take a glance at Harry to notice how terrible his dance skills actually were.

Time passes by and the music had changed, loud rock music is booming throughout the hall, Cedric and I were sitting, just chatting honestly with a few laughs. I noted that he had his eye on a particular girl. I dragged him using most of my force. 

"What?" He seemed awfully calm for what I was about to do. Did I read the situation wrong? I couldn't have.  

"You'll see." We arrive in front of the very pretty girl, I let go of Cedric's hand and tap her on the shoulder. "Cho! Sorry to bother you, however Cedric has had his eye on you and we only came as friends so." I gesture for Cedric to do something. 

"Oh! I'd love to dance!" Cho smiles at Cedric. Cedric smiles and nods. I sit down, proud of myself overall. I had a few people taking this as the most opportune moment to ask me to dance, which I easily, yet politely, disagreed to. 

"Mildly, may I have this dance?" A silky voice rang. Looking up I studied the attire of my boyfriend. 

"Yes, you may." I laughed, George grabbed my hand, one of his hands slithering down to my waist. While my unoccupied hand rested on his neck. Most people had already cleared out of the hall, besides some people like Neville and Ginny.