Three

Yet another date with Sangwoo.

Well, you wouldn't consider this a date, but Sangwoo definitely did. This had to have been your fourth or fifth date.

You and Sangwoo sat on a blanket, staring at the stars, and talking. Just getting to know each other.

"What are your parents like?" You said.

"They died a few years ago," Sangwoo said.

"Oh," you muttered. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Sangwoo said. "What about yours?"

"You probably won't believe me."

"Try me."

"Well, my mother died as well, and my father," you paused. "Is the sea god."

"You're kidding," Sangwoo said with a chuckle.

"Not at all," You said. "I guess I'm a demigod. I was given life in order to protect the sea, and keep balance between the land and sea humans."

"That's amazing," Sangwoo said.

"I guess," you muttered. "My mother never really," you paused. "Allowed me to explore that side of me. When I was young, my power would randomly just." You balled your fists, and released them, in order to express explosions. "Explode. I didn't start learning how to control it until after she died."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Sangwoo said. "Well, what can you do now?"

"Uh," you paused. "Basic water manipulation and healing, mostly. I train with Lord Kaname everyday, though, and I discover new abilities all the time."

Sangwoo nodded.

"Hmmm," you muttered. "I can't think of anymore questions," you said with a chuckle.

"Same." Sangwoo laughed along with you. You rolled over on your side and looked at Sangwoo. He did the same. He stared into your eyes, and you smiled at him. Then, he slowly started to lean in.

"You've got grass in your hair," you said with a giggle.

"Oh," Sangwoo muttered.

'Does she not want to kiss me?'

"Can you get it out for me?"

You nodded and brushed the grass from his hair.

"Okay, I've got a question," Sangwoo said. "Do you like me?"

"Of course I do."

"No- I mean like, romantically? Sexually?"

You paused.

"I've been trying to flirt with you- kiss you- but it seems like you're not getting the hint."

You giggled. "I'm sorry. I honestly hadn't even realized."

"You didn't?" Sangwoo said.

"I've never even had a boyfriend before. I guess you can say, I'm pretty oblivious to this stuff," you said sheepishly.

Sangwoo's heart seemed to leap out his fucking chest. 'She's different. So damn cute, so innocent and naive. I would just love to completely fucking ruin her.'

"How cute," he said with a chuckle. "Well, so that we're on the same page," he said. "I'm flirting with you, and I would really like to kiss you soon."

"Maybe one day," you teased with a giggle.

~~~~

You sighed and slouched against the bench. For the past few days, Bum hadn't been showing up at your usual meet up spot. Now, this isn't the first time he's disappeared. There has been a number of times when he would go ghost for two or three days, then show up again, usually more jumpy than before.

You started making it a habit of bringing Bum pretty seashells you found on the ocean floor. By now, he had to have at least eight. When he wouldn't show up, you'd leave the shells on the bench, so, if he just happened to show up after you left, he would see you came and still get his shell.

It's been four days now, and not one shell has left that spot. You were starting to get worried. Bum would never disappear for this long, but you tried hard not to think of the worst case scenarios. Maybe he just got sick. Yeah, maybe he got the flu or something.

~~~~

"It hurts, ugh."

There was a deep sigh. "Shut up! Don't you ever get tired of it? Whine, whine, whine. I guess you're not a good listener either." Sangwoo sighed and rubbed the back of his neck "It's already been a week. I even got you painkillers and bandages because you were bitching so much. Aren't you overreacting too much?"

He opened a can of soup and looked down at Bum. "Look at you, all skin and bone. Where's the meat at?"

Bum winced. For a moment, he swore he could hear her voice. "You're perfect just the way you are, Yoonbum."

"Since I need to punish you," Sangwoo trailed off. He slid the can lid over his collarbone. Bum trembled and pissed himself right on the fucking floor.

Sangwoo sighed. "I guess I should hurry up and get you clean before my date."

~~~~~

You sat with Sangwoo at the shore, staring off into the distance.

"Is something wrong?" Sangwoo said.

"Huh, uh, it's nothing. I just think my friend is sick, but I have no idea where he lives, and I don't think he has a phone, so I can't even check on him."

"Phones work down there?"

"There are phones made for us, yes."

Sangwoo nodded. "I see. What friend is it? Maybe I can help? I know a lot of people in this area."

"Oh, I think I mentioned him before. His name is Yoonbum. He's my first land friend. We used to meet up pretty often, but now he's just gone."

Sangwoo's heart dropped for a moment. You pulled your knees to your chest and sighed. "I just wish I knew he was okay. I'm starting to get worried, but, maybe he'll show up soon."

"Yeah," Sangwoo said. "I'm sure he just got a stomach bug or something. Don't worry your pretty little head too much."

You smiled. "Thank you, Sangwoo. You're always so kind to me."

"You're the kind one," he said. "You're very kind hearted, loving, and gentle."

"Oh," you said. "Thank you. That means a lot." There was an underlying sense of doubt and guilt. You couldn't fully believe him because you knew what you were capable of, and how it could hurt others.

~~~~

You laid on Rin's bed and cried.

"I-It's been weeks since I last saw Bum!" You exclaimed. Rin rubbed your back soothingly and sighed.

"I haven't seen him in the store for a while ether."

"I know I spend a lot of time with Sangwoo, but I made sure to make time for him too." Tears fell freely from your eyes. "What if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Or worse! What if he's hurt or something. I hate that my friend is missing and I can't do anything about it."

Rin sighed and hugged you. "Don't cry Areum. I'm sure Bum is okay."

"I hope so," you sniffed.