Chapter 2: Kill Me Already

I'm so sorry, for not uploading in like what? FOREVER! Yeah, I've been having some personal issues I needed to deal with, so, I'm so sorry for the long wait, but now I'm back. Also, since I haven't written in a while, I'm not quite up to scratch with some things yet, hence I apologize for the shorter chapter here. Thanks for dealing with all of this. Now, without further ado, until next time, enjoy the show!

***

A single tear slipped down Deigo's face, a slight gale rustled his hair, as he overlooked the sprawling city below. All of the lights, and blurs of red, and yellow, the bright, chubby faces of toddlers, clutching soft toys like they were all they had left. A soft smile graced Deigo's glistening face, as memories and feeling engulfed his choked up throat, he had those days... he did once, as hard to believe as it seemed. But now they were gone, all he saw in this life now, was the biting wind, gnawing on his raw, burnt skin. The depressed, and oppressed, salvaging what they could from the streets. The abusing, and the slamming doors, the scum, and crime.

He couldn't even look at himself now, without seeing a failure. Deigo forced himself to keep going, through jerky movements, until he haphazardly clambered to the roof of his alleged 'parents' apartment building. Not to sound cliché, but it really was, 'all too hard'. There wasn't anything left to live for, and it wasn't like anybody wanted him anyway. Of course, he didn't want to do this... did he? Oh well, his opinion didn't matter anyway.

All of his life... a lie, it was almost comical how he never realised. Everybody, his real parents, his fake parents, his real friends, his fake friends, his real self... nothing was real anymore, it was all an illusion, to torture his resilience. 'It'll be alright, just get over it' said his therapists, ha! How could you get over finding out that you're the final person, of your biological family tree? Sure, it was just one tiny thing right? WRONG.

No, this was just the beginning, his 'father' just an abusive drug lord rotting away in jail. Leaving him alone, forced to take over the business so young, and against his will, with every chance of getting found out. He was always the one beaten around at school, the kid who was left alone in that dark corner, doing nothing wrong, and yet always winding up in a fight. The one who no matter what he did, always wound up sitting in the principal's office. That one person who tried to love, only to have that pushed away from everybody else. And that was only the beginning, there was his cursed 'magical' (it was the only way to explain it really) ability too. He could see how people died, and sometimes he could even cause people to die, almost instantly. Well, that was one case really, but he had killed the one person who actually cared for him.

Diego hadn't wanted any of this. He didn't want to own a whole building, he didn't want to fill around 5 banks with his father's wealth. He didn't want velvet and gold designer clothes, or at least 50 sports cars. Deigo surveyed where he was. The highly maintained diamond clear pool, the gold and brass fountain, the lush green lawn and luminous jewelled gardens.

He didn't want to run an international illegal drug cooperation, and deal with the consequences. He didn't want to have to juggle the pressure of being an outcast, but also being that person behind the phone making million-dollar deals, that would ultimately result in the death of a few people at the very least.

He just wanted to run away. All he wanted really, was love, and to have an actual life of his own, and he knew that this wasn't it, and running away would just lead him right back here. Deigo had no-where to go, even if he escaped where would he go? He wasn't his adoptive father, world-renown drug dealer, Elias Scagartigo, who was now in jail, who was allowed anywhere, and everywhere, though his reputation, and as Deigo Akabane, he couldn't go very far, even with his wealth, he was really, just a kid. A kid in this world, without love, the only option out of this was down, both literally, and spiritually, that was, depending on religion.