r

I was first to come this Sunday. I had brought some warm chocolate-dipped strawberry puree buns and two thermoses of warm milk. I wanted to bring coffee at first, but I wasn't sure if he liked them too, so I brought milk instead. I waited on our spot as the sun was still quite far from Its bed, about two hours before dark. I laid out the cushions on the grass and put the paper-bag-packaged treats between them. Then I completed my second picture, a comical fountain pen ink outline of our solar system... but the sun was in light pink watercolour. I noticed that second that it was the same shade I used for his hair. I decided to name it Cotton Candy. Then I proceeded with adding an entry in silver ink.

"Serendipity?" His voice cracked my calm, making me jump in surprise at his abrupt arrival. He was reading the last word I wrote from beside my head, bending over.

At my actions he giggled a bit and stood up straight again, adding: "Were you planning to take someone else here? Because I'll leave if that's the case."

It was my turn to let out a lowkey chuckle at his inaccurate observation. "Sit down, let's eat the strawberry chocolate buns before they get cold. There's some milk there too for you."

He sat cross-legged on the cushion happily after a moment of confusion and flatter. I opened the brown paper bag and handed him a yellow thermos and a fluffy steamed bun. He took them and smiled like a baby. Then he slipped the thermos in the empty space of his crossed legs, taking a big bite after I did. I brought a lot, but he only ate no more than three buns, saying he needed to eat less sugar because he was insecure about his weight. I Really wanted to explain to him that he shouldn't be, that I am insecure about my weight too, and that he was absolutely not fat. He was smooth-skinned and sharp-jawed, with amazing physical proportions. I wish I could tell him that, but who am I to change what other people think of themselves when in the end they'll persist being or doing or thinking what they want? So I nodded in understanding and let him be, eating the rest of the buns I made. He drank up the milk though. I think it's because he still had hope that he could grow taller than he already is. I wish I could grow taller. I wish I could live in this moment forever. I wish seeing him was only a day away, not six. I wish I could watch sunsets everyday instead of having to go home late every night on working days. I wish if he wished for the same, they would both come true for us. To live in liberty. So we both ended up lying down on the grass again with our heads on the cushions, facing the pink-clouded sky, basking in each other's silence before officially giving in to slumber.

March 26 2017