y

Collection 2017, Spring: Unperturbed book analysis by a third party. You might think the writer has OCD after this but that's fine.

Book analysis:

In here, the narrator Park Jimin writes inside a watercolour paper sketchbook which she treats as a journal that contains her thoughts. When people write in diaries, they write about what they feel and everything that they think about. The narrator writes only about her Sundays with him and everything about her experience with Jimin of BTS (whom she failed to recognise), along with her distresses of being an impassionate businesswoman. This means that he has been taking up her mind for a long period of time, particularly during that spring, and the bottled-up stress she has been keeping inside her body was gradually expressed in several entries. Note that she mentioned the sketchbook keeps her secrets and "locked away wishes" that it was brimming. She was at her rawest when writing each entry and tried to explain her complicated personality and feelings through complicated words.

Wording analysis:

If you can tell, which Jimin of BTS has highlighted on the last page, Park Jimin takes a liking to the word serendipity. Each of her pages hinted so, with the misplaced capital letters. Jimin of BTS, who claims to be her counterpart in previous entries, realises what she was doing with the letters and continues what has not been finished by writing the last entry to complete the acrostic journal entries. In most entries, also take note that the word "moment" shows up in her writing. She treasures them very much, the moments she shared with Jimin of BTS, perhaps even more than what she tried to convey in entry 6 of being disappointed at how she wasn't intimate enough to the person she feels most close to. This also shows how lonely she was, adding to the last sentence she wrote on entry 6 which says "I feel so lonely".

Park Jimin obviously uses puzzling yet aesthetic words and phrases in her writing, but if you pay attention to entry 1 and 7, you'll find that somehow the elegant language she uses is triggered by being with Jimin of BTS, or triggered by experiencing his entrance to her life. Entry 1: I'm not good with words but I dare say he was angelic. In the past, her choice of words were likely to be less ranging but suddenly flies to mind-blowing options. Entry 7: It's been three weeks. The part of my brain that generates pretty words is malfunctioning. My My sensual and sophisticated vocabulary is back and I don't know what happened but.. qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm JIMIN IS HERE...!

Park Jimin has a habit of mentioning things three times to show emphasis. Shown in entry 8, she wrote "the boss" three times to emphasise that she was the boss of her company yet refer to the boss as if in third person, showing that she doesn't view herself as a boss and wished to be someone else in her FPP state of mind. In entry 9, she wrote three words "light", "go" and "I love you" three times each. Other than relating the number with words, additional irrelevant details were written on purpose by Park Jimin to bond with it although low-profile, for example, she wrote that entry 2 was written on the third Sunday they watched the sunsets together, or that Jimin of BTS only ate three of her strawberry buns (entry 3), or that Jimin of BTS was there in the weakest three minutes of her life (entry 5) or that she hadn't touched her sketchbook for three weeks (entry 6) or that there were only three pages left in her sketchbook and she thought Jimin of BTS was going missing for three weeks but surprised her, making it only two (entry 7). She shows her exceptional attention for the number, and coincidentally, Jimin of BTS's birthdate is 13 of the tenth month, October. Jimin of BTS predicts that if his counterpart thinking is accurate, 13 consists of the numbers 1 and 3, 1 representing the 1 sketchbook full of 3 things: himself, herself and the daisy hill sunsets. The three things summed up into one sketchbook, into a storyline rather difficult to understand. 3 also represents the three keys of serendipity: destiny, luck and coincidence, which were frequently slipped into Park Jimin's entries, and each mentioned once in the third paragraph of the tenth entry written by Jimin of BTS. Another secret about the number is that Jimin of BTS wrote "years" three times on the first paragraph of the tenth entry, accentuating in Park Jimin's manner that it felt like a very long time since they last met but he still remembered it very vividly.