1.

The Tsugikuni family for generations were born with special abilities. Ranging from small to big abilities. Although there are two rules the family must always follow, never tell anyone your last name. Never try to escape the life you were born into.

I, Y/n Tsugikuni, am the 30th generation of Michikatsu Tsugikuni, my 28th great-grandfather. Everybody but my family doesn't know that Michikatsu had a son whom he had taught moon breathing and everything he needed to know about his family and past. And every generation from then on was taught family history and moon breathing.

They were also taught the curse of the family. If the last name is shared then something bad will happen. Or if you try to defy the rules that were set then bad things will happen. My father and I know this all too well...

I was born with the ability to hear heartbeats. I can tell if you are lying or telling the truth. If you are sad, mad, or happy. I can sometimes tell someone's past or personality. Although I am not skilled enough to do it every time, yet.

Now that that's out of the way let's begin.

Y/N's POV

My papa sent me to sell some wood and help people with my ability if needed. I'm almost home from town when I hear three different heartbeats. Two I can recognise as human, and the other made me horrified.

I run until I reach the house. There is a boy, my father, and a demon. My father is in his classic black haori with his sword in hand. The demon is wearing a red haori. He is holding what looks to be an arm.

The boy has hair the colour of a raven. It has very uneven lengths. He is tall with a muscular stature and pale complexion. He has this serious and emotionless expression. I can tell that he has lost a lot of people. His eyes are sharp, which is a deep sapphire that fades to a lighter blue and is framed by thin eyebrows. He's wearing a Hashira demon slayer uniform. Over the top of the uniform is a haori split down the middle: the right side is a solid red and the left one is a geometric pattern with squares of green, orange and yellow.

Papa is standing behind the raven-haired boy holding his leg. He's bleeding. Badly. I don't have my sword on me. Looking around I see the rack of wooden practice swords and some damaged metal swords. Papa doesn't have his sword either except a wooden one. The only one left is the Hashira's sword.

'Papa is gonna be so mad.'

I start running towards the Hashira and before he can react I grab his swords from his hands. I run towards the demon and perform the tenth form of moon breathing. I swing the sword to where it creates a triple-layer slash twister. The demon ends up in three different pieces.

After the demon is killed I drop the sword and run towards Papa. Brushing past the Hashira. "Papa are you ok," I said, checking his leg.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," he says, swatting me away. "The real problem is you running into danger like that. Also, the fact that you took that young man's sword from him without asking."

"Oh come on. There was a demon. I had an opening and I took it," I said standing up and helping him.

"What have I said about you running into danger like that," he said, using the wooden sword as support.

I turn around and look at the hashira saying, "Sorry for taking your sword."

"No, it's uh. It's fine," he said, standing there kinda awkwardly.

I put my hand under Papa's arm and helped him inside. "Come on let's get you cleaned up. You too," I said pointing at the Hashira. He just stood there and as I started to walk into the house he followed but slowly. I set Papa down in the living room and prop his foot up. As I walked away I called, "Follow me please, I'm gonna need help."

"What type of breathing form do you use," he asked as I started pulling things from the cupboard.

"Moon. You?"

"Water," he says, making his way closer to me to get the things I'm pulling from the cupboard.

"What's your name," I asked walking into the living room where Papa is.

"Tomioka. Giyu Tomioka," he said, putting the stuff down. "What's your guys?"

"Y/n," I said, starting to clean up Papa's leg.

"Hiroto," Papa said through gritted teeth.

"No surname," He asked. I and Papa share a look before we reply with the shaking of our heads. All Tomioka did was hum. I have finished cleaning Papa's leg and cleaned up a bit.

I hear papa's heartbeat and it sounds strained. "Papa, if I walk in there and you are trying to stand up, I'm going to hurt you."

"How did you know," he questions as I walk back into the room.

"I can hear your heartbeat," I said, making him sit back down.

"I sometimes can't tell if you hearing heartbeats is a gift or a way to torture me," he says trying to get back up.

"Sit your ass down before you hurt yourself more," I say ignoring his comment.

"Don't talk to Hashira like that."

"Former Hashira."

"Wait, you used to be a Hashira," Tomioka asked.

"Yes. I was the best one too," he said, looking all proud.

"Best my ass," I mumbled.

"Wait, which Hashira? And what about hearing heartbeats," Tomioka asks.

"The former moon hashira," Papa said.

"I can hear heartbeats," I said.

"Ok one I just wanna say that I respect you so much," he said towards Papa, "Two how do you just hear heartbeats?"

"Um, it was just a gift I was born with," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"How does it even work," he said, obviously very confused.

"I don't know. I can just listen to someone's heartbeat and tell if they are lying or how they feel or sometimes major things are going on or have gone on in someone's life. You, for example, you've lost people important to you and that causes you to shut down. And you're just very sad and lonely."

"I'm not sad."

"Your heart says differently. You haven't fully recovered from the last person you lost."

All he did was just stand there. "I think it's impossible how you know all of that."

"It's not. Your heartbeat says a lot about you. Do you have anywhere to be anytime soon?"

"No, why?"

"Because before you go off I want to make sure you have eaten."

"I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You're not asking. I'm offering. And I say you stay. So come help me in the kitchen, yeah?"

"Ok sure," he says and follows me to the kitchen.

(I hope you guys don't mind that I changed up the story a bit. I honestly think this is a lot better than the last one but let me know if you like it or hate it. I'm still working on the others parts but it shouldn't take to long to be done. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed!!)~~python

Word count:1227