1- Back to the Burrow

01

01

It was early in the morning of late July when a loud bang came from outside the window and woke up Hermione Granger. She groaned as she rolled out of bed and let in the familiar grey owl that was laying on the roof just below the window. Errol, who belonged to the Weasley family, was one of the oldest owls she had ever seen. As he hopped inside, Hermione noticed the envelope attached to his leg, most likely a letter from her friend Ron. She untied the string holding the envelope to the owl's leg and opened it. Enclosed was a newspaper clipping from the Daily Prophet, along with a short letter.

"QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP TO BE HELD IN ENGLAND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 30 YEARS"

Hermione opened the letter with a grin-- she had heard from Ron a lot more than usual this summer, since he was stuck at home with his family.

Hermione,
Dad scored tickets to the Quidditch World Cup! Can you believe it? Anyways, mum wants to know if you can come stay with us for the rest of the summer if you can come to the game with us. Send me a reply as soon as possible if you can come. We can come to your house tomorrow at noon.

Hope to see you soon,

Ron

P.S. Dad connected your fireplace to the floo network on Saturday until we can come and get you.

Hermione stared at the letter for a few seconds before running down to the kitchen to where she knew her parents would be.

"Mum! Dad! Guess what? Ron's dad got tickets to the Quidditch World Cup! And they've asked if I want to go and spend the rest of the summer with them!" Said Hermione ecstatically.

"Oh sweetie! That sounds wonderful! Of course you can go. When are you going? Do you need us to drive you?" Her mother asked.

"No, it's alright, mum. They're flooing here tomorrow at noon."

"Remind me what flooing is again, dear?" Asked her father.

"It's one of the ways that wizards travel. They have this dust called Floo powder, and you throw it into the fireplace and it can take you anywhere in the world as long as their fireplace is connected to the Floo Network. Mr. Weasley connected our fireplace a couple days ago so they could come pick me up."

"Oh, alright dear. That's lovely. Would you like a waffle?" Asked Hermione's mother, who couldn't keep up with how fast her daughter was speaking.

"Yes please mum. I just need to respond to Ron first. I'll be back in a few." Hermione ran upstairs and wrote her response.

Ron,
YES. I asked my parents and they said I can come to the World Cup and stay at yours for the rest of the summer. I can't believe your dad got the tickets! I've still got to eat breakfast but I'll make sure to give Eroll some of my waffle.