His Pov: Chapter 2

Jungkook's POV:

Antonia, "Hey, Kook. Which dress looks better on me? The dark red or the black lace?" How many dresses does she plan on trying, anyway. Even though she's a very important key to this business deal, I am starting to get annoyed.

"Black is more slimming, so isn't that the best one?" I questioned.

"Black, hm? Well, if you like the black, that's what I'll get!" Antonia is the daughter of a very important business contact of mine, and Taehyung, Seokjin, and I are accompanying her on a shopping trip.

"Why do people waste so much time when they are shopping? Antonia's going to look pretty much the same no matter what she wears."

Taehyung, "It's not clothes she wants. She wants you to choose for her." He thinks it's my problem, hm? Can't wait to see his face when I get her to fall for him instead. I smirk to myself as I think of my secret plan.

"Nonsense. I don't care how other people dress."

"I'm just glad they carry her size here. You have any idea what a disgrace it would be to walk around Myeongdong with that girl?" While we wait for Antonia to finish changing, I look around the store. The clothes here aren't bad. I casually glance at the display case and see a simple platinum ring. Seokjin is standing beside me, still bewildered by Antonia's robust personality. I turn my gaze to his hands and realize he's not wearing any rings. The jewelry I usually have him wear for the I.V.C. is too flashy to wear every day. This simple ring suits his delicate, slender fingers better than the bulky rings. If he's supposed to be my man, it would be strange for him to not wear any jewelry. I justify to myself as I call him over.

"Hey."

Seokjin, "Yes?" I take him by the hand and direct his attention to the display case.

"This platinum ring will look good on you."

"Huh? Really?"

"Yes. Your hands are very neat, probably because of your job. So a simple design without any jewels looks good on you." I slip the thin platinum ring onto his right ring finger. Not bad. "I was right. I'll take this one."

Employee, "Yes, sir."

Seokjin, "...Are you serious?" Why is he hesitating? Usually the people I have around me are constantly pestering me to buy them things. Isn't he happy? Well, I am the man who bought him. No wonder he's cautious.

"I like it. Keep it on. Plus, it's proof that..." You belong to me. I start to say, but then Antonia bounces out of the dressing room with unsettling excitement.

Antonia, "Well?! What do you think of my sexy black lace, Jungkook?!" Oh, well. Guess I'll have to tend to this woman first. That ring seems like it was almost made to be on Seokjin's finger, and I am strangely satisfied. I turn my attention towards my very important pawn.

"Not bad, I guess."

After we take Seokjin home, Taehyung and I return to the hotel. I sit down on the sofa and order some coffee from room service. Taehyung, "I'm exhausted... If she wasn't Bucci's daughter, I would want to drown her in the Seoul Bay."

"Now, don't say that." Antonia, hm. I thought she'd turn her affections to Taehyung after finding out I have a boyfriend. She usually likes the silent, intimidating types. I thought Taehyung would be perfect for her. Were my instincts wrong? "We need to spend lots of time with her while she's in Korea." I silently smirk to myself.

"You seem to be quite fond of someone, Kook."

"Well, it's my chance to make a connection with Mr. Bucci. And yours..."

"That's not who I was talking about. What... You haven't realized it yet?" The corner of Taehyung's lips tug into a smile.

"...?" Nothing good ever happens to me when Taehyung smiles like that.

"I thought you didn't care how other people are dressed?"

"You are right, I don't..." Oh, I see. I realize what he's trying to say, and I look away from Taehyung so he can't guess what I am thinking. "If you're talking about Seokjin, you are wrong. I'm just making sure he looks the part of my boyfriend. That's all. Since he has catastrophically bad taste." That's what comes out of my mouth, but I'm thinking something entirely different. Now that I think about it, I've never once given someone a present because I wanted them to wear it. I've never really cared much about the presents I've given before. Giving presents was just my way of making people like me. I was satisfied just giving them whatever they wanted, but now.

"Well, we will just leave at that."

"You don't know when to give up, Taehyung. He's just a thing that belongs to me. Not a person. And I'm just dressing him up so he doesn't embarrass me." Just as we finish our conversation, the coffee arrives. I add my usual three cubes of sugar and lots of milk, stir it up, and then take a sip. "..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I can't believe I gave that man a real present. I can fool others, but I can't fool myself. And I am a little shocked at the change I am noticing in myself. He really is intriguing.

"So what are you going to do with the mob boss' daughter?"

"I have no intentions of dating her, obviously."

"I know that. She might put on a sweet face in front of you, but don't forget Antonia was raised in the mafia. She may not seem dangerous, but there's no telling how long that woman will be safe."

"Seokjin, you mean..." He's right. No matter how much Seokjin wanted to go home today. It was a little careless of me to let him. I should check where he is, just in case. To be on the safe side, I check the location of Seokjin's cell phone with the GPS program on my laptop. And for some reason, it's in a warehouse by the pier, on the edge of town. "As usual, your instincts are never wrong. Tae, you mind staying with me a little longer today?" He agrees with amusement and immediately contacts his subordinate, Ko. I don't care if she's in the mafia or what. I won't allow someone else to touch my property. Better go get my toy back before it breaks.