Special Chapter!

Seokjin's POV:

Jungkook, "Today, I am going to spoil you. Treat you to whatever you want." He's going to do what now? I'm so happy he remembered today's my birthday, but what does that matter when he's only just getting over his sickness? He makes for the living room and I give chase, calling after him.

"Wait! Let's have breakfast first before we go anywhere." I stated.

"..."

"I will make you anything you want."

"Coffee first."

"I'm on it!" Oh good, that bought me some more time. 

After getting ready, I brew us some coffee in the kitchen. A moment later, Jungkook appears, fresh from the shower. "Rice porridge works, right?" I asked.

Jungkook, "I am no invalid. Give me real food."

"But you could barely keep any food down yesterday..."

"Don't treat this morning different from any other." I...guess he's got his appetite back? In that case. I breathe a sigh of relief as I watch him sit on the couch with his tablet. I give up on the porridge and make us croissant sandwiches and salad.

___________________

"Okay, here's breakfast." I said.

Jungkook, "I can see that." I set our plates down on the table and we begin to eat. It's a morning just like another, and I have to smile. These nice, simple days make me so happy. "What are you smiling for?"

"Huh?"

"...Now I see. I still haven't given your body what it needs yet." Hm? What is he talking about...? A lurid stare hits me, making my heart race. Jungkook drags a foot up my leg beneath the table.

"...What are you doing?"

"You want to spend the whole day in bed, don't you... I don't mind..."

"!" Hold on a second. Even if we do decide to stay in all day, I have a feeling neither of us will get a whole lot of rest. His foot rises higher up my leg, hinting at the start of what I fear could be the rest of our day. "Let's fucking go for a walk!!"

"You have somewhere in mind?"

"..." I didn't think that far ahead. He seems fine now, but he might start feeling ill if we go out into town. I'm going through all the places I can think of that are nearby, when a brilliant idea strikes me. "I have got just the place!"

___________________

Jungkook, "Is this a joke?"

"What is?" I questioned.

"Why, on today of all days, do we need to be here?" He grouses, a frustrated sigh huffing past his lips, I hurry to explain myself.

"It's always the places that are the most convenient you never go to right? So I thought it'd be fun to walk around Tres Spades with you!"

"You work here. You know the hotel inside and out."

"Yes, I do, but only in so far as to help guests get around. I've never actually gotten to experience a lot of the facilities I talk about..." But really, the main reason is that if we stay inside the hotel, I'll be able to get Jungkook back up to bed straightaway, should he start feeling sick. "...Do you...not want to be here?"

"......You're weird." He spits, and then heads for the underground shopping mall.

____________________

"There aren't a lot of people around at this time of day." I stated.

Jungkook, "If there's a shop you want to see, I'll make them open for us."

"N-no, that's all right. No need... The bookstore should be opening any second. Would you mind if we went in?"

"That's fine." We walk through an area dotted with popular cafes, and the scent of freshly toasted bread and coffee surround us. Oh, is that...?

Ko, "This crispy bready thing is out of this word! Out. Of. This. WORLD! You mind if I order some with chocolate on it?!"

Taehyung, "Ko. Calm yourself. It's called a croissant, and it isn't going to run away. Eat slowly."

Kim (Kim Jongdae from EXO), "Shut your mouth, Ko. Can't you see Taehyung is trying to eat in peace, here?" 

Ko, "Get off your high horse. Don't pretend you are not dying to get your hands on one of these, too!"

"Don't lump me in with you, you slobbering dog."

Taehyung, "Stop it, the both of you. You are bothering the other customers."

"Are you sure you want to give him what he wants? It's going to go straight to his head..."

"Just order the fucking croissant, Ko. Kim. Order one for yourself, too."

"Taehyung..."

Ko, "Score! That's our boss, just the most big-hearted guy I know! 'Scuse me, shopkeep! Can I get a chocolate, maple, and strawberry cream one, and also..."

Taehyung sighed. He looks like a tired nanny as he sips his coffee. He doesn't seem to notice us.

Jungkook, "Let's go."

"Don't you want to say hi?" I questioned.

"No. I have no business with them."

"All right, then." Geez, those two are ordering enough food to feed a small country. Poor Taehyung. I can still hear their voices echoing from their table out on the terrace. Jungkook, his steps unhurried, turns a corner in front of the cafe. 

____________________

"Perfect timing! It looks like the bookstore just opened." I said.

Jungkook, "So it seems." The interior has an understated, retro vibe, and its stained glass windows give the place a cozy warmth.

"I couldn't believe it the first time I came here. I felt like I stepped into a fairytale."

"This is what's called neogothic architecture."

"O-oh... All right?" If he says so. I never know it had a proper name. "Mind if we look upstairs?" 

"Do whatever you want." We climb the spiral staircase and come into a corridor. I excitedly scour the shelves and shelves of books as Jungkook plucks a book from its home. "..." Is that a magic book? Pfft, if only. It's written in a language I've never seen before, though. I can't seem to look away from it. Noticing my inquisitive gaze, Jungkook sets the book down and eyes me with a wicked leer. What's with that look?

"What is it...?"

"No, this isn't a magic book."

"How did you know what I was thinking?!" He scoffs and then hooks a finger under my chin, jerking my face up.

"Just one look at you, and I can read your every thought."