everyone loves spaghetti.

Rory x ReaderPrompt: Chilton is proving to be a lot more of a struggle than Rory thought

Rory x Reader
Prompt: Chilton is proving to be a lot more of a struggle than Rory thought. Luckily for her, not everyone is out to get her.
_

    Rory had been almost positive that Chilton could not get any worse when she showed up to school that morning. It was only day four and Paris already hated her, Tristan was gonna be the reason she shoved her head through the wall, and the D she got on her geometry test even though she only had three days to prep was enough to make her want to die inside. But what really did her in was the humiliating tripping incident that happened in the middle of the cafeteria, causing her lunch tray to go skidding across the floor. But not before she coated her brand new blazer in spaghetti. The entire cafeteria had erupted into laughter and harsh whispers and Rory didn't even bother picking up her tray as she raced out of the double wooden doors and down the hall towards the bathroom. She locked herself in one of the stalls and sat down, placing her head in her hands. The smell of marinara sauce coming off her blue blazer was enough to prick her baby blue eyes with tears as her face scrunched up. She hated that she was so emotional over this but God, this was supposed to be a good thing for her and so far it had done nothing but cause her stress. She didn't know if she could do this.

Meanwhile, you had been entering the cafeteria when Rory ran past you to the bathroom. You recognized her from your geometry class. Paris and her little pack of coyotes had given her crap for her bad test grade and you wanted to catch up with her and offer her your notes but she was pretty and you were awkward and you didn't know what to say so you didn't. This, however, wasn't something you could ignore. You followed her down the hall towards the bathroom, entering slowly and frowning when you heard soft sniffles coming from the inside of one of the stalls. You bit your lip, slowly moving to stand in front of the stall so you could knock lightly on the door. "Hello?"

There was a pause. "This stall is taken." came a croaky response and you let out a quiet sigh.

"Yeah, I know. I uh, I saw you run in here. I just wanted to see if you were okay." You replied, fiddling with your fingers. Another pause. You spoke again, "Your name is Rory, right?" you ventured quietly. "We have geometry together. I'm Y/N."

Yet another pause, only this one was followed by the sounds of the stall door unlocking and the creaking of the door as it swung open. There stood the brunette girl, marinara stained blazer and all.

You offered her a gentle smile. "Hi."

"Hi," Rory replied, swallowing thickly.

"I take it lunch didn't go very well," You lifted your eyebrows slightly.

Rory choked out a weak scoff and shook her head. "Not really." she murmured, folding her arms over her chest and letting out a quiet sigh. "Sorry, I'm...I'm not usually this emotional, I swear. It's just been a bad week."

"You don't have to explain to me." You told her, biting your lower lip. "You have a button up on under that, right?"

Rory frowned. "Uh, yeah?"

"Then just take off your blazer for the rest of the day. You won't get in trouble, I promise." You told her, lifting your eyebrows.

Rory blinked, nodding and shucking the blazer from her shoulders. "The vest isn't stained, is it?"

"No, you're fine." You told her, stepping forward to adjust her tie a bit for her.

"I smell like spaghetti." she wrinkled her nose.

"Everyone loves spaghetti," You told her jokingly with a shrug.

Rory rolled her eyes but a small smile pulled at the corner of her lips. "Not when you're wearing it."

"Valid point," You murmured, pulling your backpack around to your front so you could rummage through it. "Here," you said, pulling out a bottle of body spray. "Put some of this on, you won't even notice."

"Thank you," Rory murmured, carefully taking the bottle from you. "You're...You're very nice." she said quietly.

You shrugged. "I've been in your shoes." you murmured. "I moved here last year. Being a Freshman in a new town isn't very fun either."

"I can imagine," Rory murmured, fiddling with the bottle in her hands. "But really, thank you. I...I really appreciate it."

"Sure," You smiled, watching as she lightly sprayed the perfume on herself. "Hey, listen...do you wanna hang out sometime? Maybe we can study together, I can lend you my notes?"

Rory's face lit up and she smiled. "I would love that." she murmured, handing the bottle of body spray back to you.

"Cool," You smiled, taking the bottle and slipping it back into your back. "So...you wanna try take two in the cafeteria?"

Rory bit her lip. "I guess."

"Come on. I'll come with you and give dirty looks to anyone who tries to stare." You told her, lifting your eyebrows.

The brunette laughed softly and nodded. "Okay."

And with that, the two of you made your back back down the hall to the cafeteria and true to your word, the second Paris and her friends looked smugly over to the two of you, your eyes narrowed in a harsh glare. The three girls quickly averted their eyes in response and you snickered, continuing your way through the lunch line with Rory. The two of you sat together and talked about this and that while you ate. Every time you managed to pull a laugh out of Rory you found yourself grinning like an idiot, considering the small action to be a victory. Maybe spilt spaghetti wasn't the worst thing in the world.