Chapter 20: Trauma Under the Influence

Disclaimer: I have never been drunk, or even drank alcohol before, so I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be inebriated. However, I've heard it's similar to being extremely tired, and I've definitely been there, so that's my basis for Mina's drunkenness (I may or may not be writing this whilst tired, so I can get accurate results)

Also, it is really hard to capture the charm of the end of this scene in writing... damn...

- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - -

My thoughts swirled and slammed together as I continued to spin myself around in the blue suede chair I'd plopped down into, unsure of whether the alcohol or the rapid motions would make me puke first. I hadn't planned on drinking when Klaus, Vanya, Allison, and I had left Elliott's, but after Allison suggested we head back to the parlor where she worked to eat—since, unfortunately, most places wouldn't even let her walk in, which was absolute bullshit—Klaus pulled out a bunch of bottles he'd stashed in a bag, and we all started to ramble about the shambles of our love lives. After being forced to relive the last 20 hours, I suddenly felt the intense need for one drink... then five... and then I lost count.

I brought myself to a halt as Allison growled angrily, reaching for the bottle of vodka on her vanity with one hand and combing through Klaus' hair with the other. I'd never seen her so fired up in my life, but it was pretty amusing.

"The nerve of that man," she snapped, her words ringing a little bit in my head. "I mean, one thing goes wrong, and he's on a warpath. I mean doesn't know who I am? No, no. No, Ray. You know exactly who I am. You just can't handle it"

I laughed as, beside me, Vanya pretended to shoot at the small bottles lined up on the vanity in front of her, using her fingers as the gun. God, I loved seeing her now that she'd stopped taking those pills Dad forced on her. Her true personality was really starting to blossom.

"I'm protecting him," Allison denied, definitely trying to convince herself of that more than she was the rest of us. Forgetting Klaus was sitting in front of her for a moment, she swung her hand out for dramatic effect, slapping him on the back of the head.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head with the hand that wasn't nursing a cigarette. "From what?"

"The end of the world, for one."

That caught Vanya's attention, causing her to perk her head up and look to her two siblings across from her in the mirror, no longer preoccupied with all the little bottles.

"Is the world really gonna end in six days?" Her words came out slightly slurred... although, admittedly, that could have been some distortion on my part. My head felt like it was underwater. Allison halted in pushing back Klaus' hair into clips, staring at her sister's reflection with her jaw slightly agape.

"Well, it did last time..." I suddenly lost my train of thought, waving my hand in an attempt to bring it back to me. "...and we did everything Five could think of to stop it." Klaus brought his feet down from the vanity and stood up, beginning to make his way to the center of the room as he reached for his beloved flask.

"Hey, wouldn't it be weird if Five grew up all hot? Wouldn't that be weird?" he asked out of nowhere. My nausea intensified as I slowly processed his words, unable to imagine my brother as anything but the little kid presented in front of us. Not to mention, the mere notion of something like that completely grossed me out. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one, as my sisters also voiced their disgust.