Chapter 3

After catching up some with Bruce we drive up the winding road passing houses, some stores and the like. We finally reach the epicenter where The Council members reside.
I look at Ray and say "Are you ready for this?"
"Ready as I'll ever be sis"
We get out of the car and look up at the looming 5 story building in front of us. It's mostly nothing but concrete and stones with a few vines wrapping up the building and columns. The area itself is more gloomy and depressing than it is extraordinary. We start the ascent up the 10 rows of steps to discover what is exactly expected of us. We're greeted by grumpy expressions from two of the elite guard standing erect at the marble double doors.
"State your business" one of them replies.
"We are here to meet with the Council. Tell them that it is Raymond and Elora Wainwright" I say.
"Wait here" the other guard grumps out before he walks inside the doors.
No more than 10 seconds later he returns and says "You may enter, follow me".

   We follow the guard through the doors and into a wide open foyer constructed of grey and white marble, chandeliers, and gold inlay everywhere. It's quite a beautiful sight compared to the outside of the building. We continue on walking past a grand marble and gold staircase, down a side hallway leading toward frosted glass double doors that have The Council's insignia on them. The guard stops and opens one of the doors with a sweeping motion of his hand letting us know to enter.
Ray and I walk through; the guard shuts the door almost inaudibly, and we face a round wooden table where the five council members sit patiently. From left to right, there is Cruellen the malicious, Dracon the vilest, Sebastian the leader and most trustworthy, Tora the manipulator and Gaelin the snake. Okay, so that's not what they're really called but it's how I refer to them because well if the shoe fits...
"Nice of you two to finally join us" Dracon spits out.
"Now, now Dracon no need to be haughty" Sebastian says.
I really want to roll my eyes but I mentally refrain myself because I know that would be immature. I really can't stand Dracon though, honestly any of them for that matter. The lot of them all have sticks shoved up their butts, except Sebastian. I believe he's the only one that can be truly trusted on The Council. I would not be surprised if the rest of them were plotting something that had to do with this war we are facing.
Completely ignoring what Dracon said Raymond speaks up, "We got word that you want Elora and I to train some of the new recruits from the academy."
"That is correct" Sebastian responds, "You both will be assigned to different groups based on your better abilities and you will start first thing in the morning. I have set up lodgings for you at the Gramelde Inn. I will have Isaiah my right hand greet you there first thing with further instruction. He will also escort you to the training grounds."
Ray and I both shake our heads in agreement and say "Yes sir".
"Now, on to other topics. We have heard from our scouts that you were attacked on the way here by borkens. Is that correct?" Asks Sebastian.
"Yes Sir" Ray replies "Elora and I could have handled them with it being so few but we really believe they were trying to send some kind of warning with how they were acting."
"How so?" Cruellen asks.
"For one they only hit our car once and didn't really seem like they were interested in actually harming us. I also found it odd that they decided to do it so close to the academy" I answer her.
"Hmmmm" Cruellen mutters and looks sideways at Gaelin but says nothing else.
I wonder if she thought no one would see her. I'm guessing my hunch was right and they're definitely up to something. Seriously going to be keeping an observing eye out and gather more information before I go to Sebastian.
"It is alarmingly odd that they would be so close to the academy. I'm taking extra measures to make sure they haven't found us yet" Sebastian says.
Then he adds, "That is all for today and if you have nothing further to discuss Astar will see you out, and you may go wherever you please" he points his hand in the direction of the guard standing at the door behind us.
Hmm, sneaky thing I never even heard him enter. At least now I know his name. I wonder if the guards are taking part in any devious plans or if they're on the good guys side. 
"We have nothing further to discuss Sir. See you next time." Ray and I exit the room and follow the guard back out of the building in very awkward silence.
Astar stands back erect alongside the other guard.
"Well, you fellows have a nice day" I say with a smile. They both just grump out and "umph".
"Let's get this show on the road El, there's many things I want to do before sunset" Ray tells me.
I groan in response because I already know whatever he has planned is going to leave me exhausted and irritated by the end of the day.
We jog back down the flight of stairs and hop in the Chevelle.
"First on the agenda is to stop by The Alyssum to see Lucille" Ray says with a grin.
"Oh yay! I love Lucy, I haven't seen her in so long!"
Now I'm completely overjoyed and can not stop smiling. Lucy is in her mid 20's, about 5'10 with emerald green eyes and has super long flowing silvery locks. She is a long lost cousin but really like more of a sister for us. We haven't seen her in a while though since she lives here and owns her own floral shop, The Alyssum. Our Lucy has an affinity for earth, more specifically plant life. We believe there is some Dryad in her blood line, but she's not really sure herself as majority of her family was killed off in the last supernatural war we had.
I say the eyes are a dead give away since most if not all earth dryads have some time of green eyes. Maybe one day she will find out. Right now I'm just ready to see my sister!