Chapter 1

"Hello. You must be (Y/N)." Said the gentle voice of the red-haired gentleman in front of me. He shook my hand firmly, smiling warmly.

"Ah. Yes! And you are Leo O'Pia?" I asked, hoping that I didn't seem as nervous as I actually was. Leo nodded as he sat down across from me. He wasted no time in pulling out some papers and started organizing them out on the small table between us. I took a deep breath, feeling my nerves spike. This meeting was incredibly important. I had been living out of my cheap car for the past few months, waiting for an opportunity to dig me out of my financial hole. After searching endlessly for a place that fit my tight budget, I had found a roommate request for a glorious looking house. It was surprisingly cheap. Apparently it was open to a lot of people, but I was willing to live with a million people if it meant getting out of my piece of shit car. That's why I had to convince this guy I was a good fit.

"So, before we get into prices and all that boring stuff, I do have to ask you a few questions. Don't stress out about it, just gotta be sure about a few things. Do you understand?" Leo asked, still watching me with his warm dark eyes. Honestly, he wasn't that intimidating. Being around him made me instantly begin to calm down which I was grateful for.

"Of course." I hummed, taking a deep breath.

"Great. And it's okay if I record your answers?" He asked, pointing to his phone screen. I nodded, smiling as natural as I could with my nerves all a buzz. "Alright. Are you a heavy drinker or smoker?"

"No." I said. I had fallen over some hard times previously but, other than a few drunken nights, I didn't really turn to that stuff. Leo didn't seem very phased by my answer and simply typed something into his phone before moving on to the next question.

"Are you comfortable with living with people that drink and/or smoke?"

"Sure." I responded, tugging a bit at the hem of my shirt. Leo seemed to notice the movement and eyed me a little.

"Are you positive?" He pushed, giving me an understanding look. I nodded, smiling with as much reassurance as I could put into my face. Leo continued.

"Are you comfortable about living all gender inclusive? Boys, girls, and anything in between?"

"Of course." I said, more confidently. He typed my answer in. The questions proceeded like this. By the end of the interrogation session, I was comfortable enough to start making jokes and laughing with Leo. He kept things rather professional but still let loose a couple of qwips. Overall, it wasn't the worst. Then, as he put away his phone, he let loose a happy sigh.

"Well, it seems that you'll be a great addition to our family. I just need you to fill out this paperwork and sign the contract at the bottom. It's mostly financial stuff. The contract also requires you to give the other roommates extreme privacy. It means that you can't share anything about the people you live with to any other sources or people without their explicit permission. The same treatment will be given to you." Leo rattled off an explanation for the paperwork that requested a heavy amount of information from me. The bottom line was for a signature. My heart was racing at the thought that I had finally made it! I wouldn't be homeless anymore...

"You sound like you've said that a million times." I laughed as I signed the last line. Leo chuckled along with me.

"Actually... Besides you, I'm the newest addition to the family. This is the first time I've ever welcomed anyone." He said, a bit bashfully. "Oh! And, if you need any help moving stuff in, we will happily assist you."

"I don't have that much stuff. So, don't worry about it." I reassured him, thinking about the small suitcase of clothes that I had. That was all the stuff I had to move in...