Ch.3

"MAX!!!!!" She screams. She runs to him, and embarrassingly, hug him. He hugs her back. He's panting. She pulls away. "What happened?!?!?! I was worried sick over you!!!!!" She yell. He sits down. The cops rush to him as well,one orders for a medic on his walkie-talkie.

Max finally catches his breath after a few minutes.

"Remember my date?" he asks.

She nods.

"Turns out she was a-a-a murderer. Because of her scarred past,she murdered all men and boys,regardless of age. She almost killed me." He says.

"Who is she?!?!" Clarisse demands.

"Carol Whitmore. She lives a few miles away. On Carson." He informs.

The police nod. They leave.

Max and Clarisse are left alone.

"Are you okay?" Clarisse asks.

He nods. "I'm fine."

Clarisse sighs.

He looks at her.

"Look at you. You haven't changed a bit." He says.

She smiles.

Oddly, he smiles back.

"I honestly don't even remember why we hated each other." He admits.

"I do." Clarisse informs.

"Why?" He asks.

"On a spring day, I was taking a photo of a grassy, wet,sunny,...beautiful meadow. Once I did,I called my sister over to see the photo. She said she was too busy to. On the phone,I heard laughing." I pause. "Your laughing. I didn't know it was yours yet,though. Anyway,I was so upset. Amanda always came by to see a photo. She was supportive. Always happy. Not a diva. Didn't care for her looks. Didn't care for makeup. I shrugged it off,thinking she was busy. Then,I found out her reason. It was because you and her were having fun at her house. That you were her boyfriend. At first,I was happy for her. Then,you took up most of her time. I barely saw her. And when I tried to visit her,she told me to go away. Then,she started starving herself,because in her opinion,she was fat. She always had makeup on. To sum it up,she turned into a diva. She was the worst person to be around with. She had friends though. But they were rich and not true friends,like her old ones. She lost her real friends' respect for her." She hesitates. "My respect for her. We soon hated each other,but we never used to. She would puke blood since she didn't get enough to eat. Went to the hospital 5 times. A year later,you broke up with her. She was devastated. All she was put through,was nothing now. And all for a boy. She lost lots. She loves me now,yeah...but I don't love her. She learned the hard way to never take for granted what you have. Because one day,it could all disappear." Clarisse concludes. Max is left awe-struck.
How could I have ruined her sister's life so much? I only broke up with her since she was showing her diva side,and I didn't like it. But I had no idea that it would change her life so much. He sighs. "I'm sorry." He admits. Clarisse looks down. "It's too late for that." She whispers and leaves.

"What?!" Clarisse demands. It had only been a few hours since she said what happened to her sister. Max took out his phone and handed it to her. She slowly took it and looked at it. Oh my god! Clarisse thought. Even though he was almost killed,Max had managed to take photos! She looked up at him,shocked. "Now I know I can never be forgiven for what I've done to your sister." He confesses. "But I might be able to help mend you." Clarisse is left shocked. Max turns around and leaves.

Clarisse looks at the photo again. It is a picture of red velvet cupcakes. And they even have cute,tiny,heart sprinkles on them. She thought it cute. But how had Max managed to get a photo? Could he have really cared that much for his job?

Max woke freezing. "Finally you're awake. I had to wake you with ice water. Look on the bright side. Now you've taken the ALS Ice bucket challenge. You can donate later,. . .if you're not that selfish." Max groaned. Clarrise smiles. "Get dressed. We leave in one hour."

(Hey peoples. Sorry it took 4evr. I kept writing Resurgent. Anyway,this is chapter 3! I hope you like it!)