24

"Make yourself at home," Eunha casually commented as she haphazardly kicked off her shoes underneath the long grey cushioned bench underneath a wall mounted circular mirror. Her foyer was minimalistically decorated; aside from those two pieces of furniture, there was a primarily empty grey cabinet with glass doors which housed one or two pairs of shoes.

The doors of the private elevator from which they had just come up closed behind Yoongi. He followed her motion of taking off his shoes, but instead of carelessly tossing them — as that would be rude — he carefully placed them in the glass doored cabinet.

When he looked up, Eunha had disappeared into her penthouse. Yoongi walked down the brief hall which led into a spacious living room. Eunha's bag and jacket were tossed onto the sofa. Another grey piece of furniture, Yoongi noted.  Looking around, Eunha's apartment wasn't at all what he expected, it was devoid of her intensely bright (to a fault) personality. The more he took in the space, the more it looked like a staged apartment, decorated aesthetically enough for the purposes of touring the space to buyers or renters.

Yoongi stood at the entrance way, at a loss for what to do with himself.

"I'm in here." Eunha popped her head out from the doorway of her kitchen at the right. Offering him a radiant smile, Eunha gestured for Yoongi to come follow her in.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile back instinctively. "Did you decorate the apartment yourself?" Yoongi asked, walking up to the  long marble island in the middle of the picturesque kitchen — another room in the penthouse that looked like something out of a brochure. Eunha had walked around it to the fridge on the other side, taking out tupperware containers of already prepped ingredients.

Putting them on the counter, she shook her head. "No, why do you ask?"

Yoongi took a seat on the bar stool beside the island. "No reason... I just like interior design."

Eunha's face lit up at Yoongi's sudden inclination to talk about himself, usually their conversational dynamic was her ranting about herself. "I didn't know you were interested in things like that. But that actually makes a lot of sense." Eunha chuckled, taking out a fry pan from the cupboards.

"Why is that?" Yoongi asked, raising a brow.

"Hmm, you seem like a thoughtful person, and usually those people have refined hobbies I guess." Eunha smiled at him and leaned across the countertop, resting her chin on one hand.

"I don't know about that..." Yoongi replied, retaining their eye contact. "So do you usually not remodel? I thought you said you lived here for awhile now."

"No, I guess I see no point to it anymore since I'm used to moving around so much." Eunha stood up straight and spun around. "Some fans always find my address and show up randomly, it's honestly scary. I'm surprised it's taking so long for them to find this place considering how much of them are upset about our little situation." Holding the cast iron pan in the air,  she scanned the buttons on the electric stove top with furrowed brows, her finger hesitantly hovering over the different dials.

Yoongi's hand brushed against hers as he reached out from behind her and turned on the stove. Eunha sucked in a breath in surprise; she didn't even hear him walk up to her. She backed away a few steps in an attempt to give him the personal space she knew he was keen on, but instead her back hit Yoongi's chest.

The heavy cast iron pan came swinging towards Yoongi's head as Eunha lost her balance. Yoongi swiftly grabbed Eunha's wrist to stop the momentum of the pan, his other hand clasped on her upper arm to steady her.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Yoongi asked, looking down at her.

Eunha's cheeks flushed as she looked up at him. She wondered if it was out of embarrassment or the comforting warmth that radiated off his body. Her lips broke into a familiar sly smile as she answered, "In theory... yes."