Masky P.O.V. (II)

"Night!" I stopped chasing after them once I reached 2nd Ave. They were gone. Just...gone. "Shit. This is bad" What am I going to do? I can't go back to the mansion. Can't go to the police. I don't know anyone in this town either. Shit, shit, shit. "God, if you do exist, please let her be safe, and please help me so i can find her." I'm going to need it.

I walked up the station steps. I opened the door and walked to the front desk. "Um, excuse me?" The officer just sat there, reading a newspaper. I tried again, "excuse me?" This time he looked up, then went back to the newspaper. "HEY! I SAID EXCUSE ME!"

He set the newspaper down. "May I help you?" he said, clearly activated.

"Um, yes. My friend has been kidnapped. I can't find her."

He looked up. "How many hours has it been?"

"Two."

"Sorry can't help. Has to be 48 or more."

I was angry now. "Why!"

"Dunno. The law, I guess" he said back.

I turned away walking to the doors and mumbled, "This is why I don't come to you people. No help at all."

"Wait, what's your friends name?"

I turned towards him. "Night."

"And last."

"Slender."

"You mean THE Slender Man? Like tall, thin, no face?" I got uncomfortable so I started walking towards the doors again. "Hold it," he said. "I can help." He stepped off his chair and went to panel in the back. He opened what looked like a secret compartment, and pulled out a couple of files.

"Here." He threw them onto the desk. "We were looking up on some old disappearances and found some places that might be useful. We haven't had enough evidence to search but I'm pretty sure you'll find her."

"Uh...thanks." I grabbed the files and started for the door.

"Tell Slend I said Hi. Name's Phil. "

"Sure." I walked out and to an old rundown bus stop. Taking a glimpsebthrough it, I found pictures, information, and one of the pages caught me eye. I took it out for a better look. Stapled. Many pages on myths and mysterious murders and murders themselves. All 13 pages had articles pertaining to The Slenderman. Names came up like The Tall Man, Forest Sprite, Death's Fairy, and Tree God. Myths from Germany, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Norway, and pretty much everywhere else. Wow, he's really been around.

The last page had events from 390100 b.c. and before. There was what looked like a portrait of a tall being, a woman, and a child, both in the beings arms. Sitting down, they all looked happy. Even the being. Holding the woman like she was a delicate flower. I put the page down and started to wonder. The year is 2015 and Night is 5014.

2015 - 5014 = -2999

So that must be Night and her parents in this sketch. They look so happy. I wonder when that changed? Did the woman die? She must have, if she was human. I looked at the description next to the picture of the sketch.
Here in Minnesota we found a portrait of The Tall Man, his (what looks to be) wife, and child dating back to about 3000 b.c. Found in 1878, this paper like substance kept the portrait in very good conditions, considering the acid rains, wind, and of course Minnesota's famous blizzards. Having survived that is and was truly a miracle, almost unbelievable.

I heard a growl. I looked up, to see a dog. I stared at it for a few seconds. Was it hungry, cold, or maybe hurt? "Hmm. Are you lost?" I started to look for a collar to see if I could possibly get an owner's information, to see if it had a tag. I sighed. No. Now I have two problems. Night and looking for a dog's owner.

"You don't have to do that."