24

__________

__________

"You've never taken a train?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook gazed around the train, slotted beside Taehyung. His eyes fell onto the large window by the seat, looking out into the trees and stretches of land as they passed by.

"No. I've never really traveled much," Jungkook said, and then looked at Taehyung. "Can't really travel alone,"

Taehyung was quiet for a few seconds, but then pinched Jungkook's arm. "Great. Then I'll make this trip amazing for you." Taehyung said, and Jungkook giggled at his response.

Halfway through the journey, Jungkook laid his head on Taehyung's shoulder, listening to music through his earphones. Taehyung turned a little to look at him, taking his eyes away from his book that he was reading. He could hear the soft hum of some The 1975 playing from how close Jungkook was.

Taehyung smiled a little to himself, and then went back to reading his book. Jungkook was falling asleep. Their train ride continued for another hour or so until they reached their stop. Taehyung shook Jungkook lightly.

"We're here, Kook," Taehyung said, and Jungkook hummed, stirring awake a bit. Jungkook blinked his big eyes at Taehyung, who gave him a small smile. Jungkook shook his head like a puppy and then sat up properly.

"Right. Forgot where I was for a second." Jungkook said. He got up from the train seat, Taehyung following.

One their way out of the train station, Taehyung felt... nervous? You could say so. Especially while they took the small bus towards his town. Jungkook was looking around in interest, but Taehyung felt anxious. Jungkook grew up in the big city, lived in a huge mansion, had butlers, and wore fancy clothes. He was holding his fancy branded suitcase and wearing his expensive sweater.

"How pretty," Jungkook commented at the numerous lakes they passed by. Taehyung hummed, picking on his trousers. Jungkook looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing! Nothing. Just that... I don't know. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable here."

"I won't, Tae." Jungkook giggled. "I love countryside!" Jungkook said excitedly, and some passengers on the bus gave him annoyed glances at his loudness. Jungkook lowered his volume, shoulders hunching.

The bus reached a small station, where Jungkook and Taehyung got off. Jungkook looked around. There were no shops or buildings or anything nearby. He looked at Taehyung with a little confusion. Taehyung gave him a sheepish smile. "We'll have to walk a bit."

"Nice. Do you want to ride me."

".... What." Taehyung panned.

"I mean, do you wanna ride my back? I will turn into a horse and we can go faster."

"No don't." Taehyung patted his lower back. "You should've be transforming into anything, remember? Doctor's orders." Taehyung reminded.

"Oh right... okay." Jungkook said softly. "It's weird not using my trait for a long time. It's like a part of me is missing."