prologue

The ship to the dark continent had finally reached its destination safely. Kurapika had managed to keep his three close allies alive: Oito, Wobble and Bill.
Surely at this point, nothing could possibly go wrong. He had yet to find Leorio, but he was sure he was okay too. He was dumb, but not physically impaired. He now also knew how to use Nen, so he would be fine. Probably. Hopefully... It was best not to worry. He had to keep his head straight.

Everybody slowly climbed off the ship. Once they reached the bottom, the passengers were all free to see their surroundings. And it was sure a sight to look at. It was the complete opposite of a barren wasteland, wildlife everywhere, and creatures to the brim. It was shocking, really. Pika didn't really know how to react.
For the next few days, they split up into groups divided by the zodiac leaders. You could choose who to be with, but it could be moved around if need be. Leorio instinctively stuck with Kurapika. He didn't want to be around a ton of people he was unfamiliar with. It seemed his dad instincts kicked in when he saw baby Wobble too.. he was constantly checking in with her and playing with her. He was a natural father. Enemies popped up at times, but they usually weren't all that strong. They could be defeated utilising Leorio's power to deliver teleporting punches.
But trouble arrived when fighting a particularly strong enemy, who had to be defeated using close combat. It was an easy fight to win really. But all it took was one slip up for everything to fall out of place.
The enemy panicked, and released an emitter's attack, directed at the group. An attack that couldn't be blocked. And out of everyone it could have hit.. it hit Kurapika. He was shot, and fell to the ground. His heart stopped beating. His organs stopped working. Right in that second, everything that was previously working inside him stopped.
Everyone by his side frantically worried, looking for any sign of his wake. There were none. He was dead. His soul had left him.
But somewhere.. that soul had gone to live in another place, another timeline infact.

Hidden in Lukso province, a boy opened his eyes.