Chapter 7: The Langham Room 333 Pt. 2

"Lia?" I heard one of the guys say, pinching my cheek, "Are you alright?" 

"What?" I mumbled, blinking my eyes and reaching to pull my headphones off but they weren't there anymore. I wasn't in the desk chair either, I was laying on the bed, "What's going on?"

"Did you pass out? Are you feeling alright?" I felt a hand move across my forehead and I batted it away as I sat up. 

"I'm fine!" I insisted, "But what is going on?"

Colby sat on the edge of the bed looking over me and Sam was on the other side doing the same. Jake stood at the end of the bed leaning against the cupboards that the tv stood on and Corey was in the desk chair on the phone with someone. 

"You were passed out on the bathroom floor when we came back from exploring and the door was wide open. I think we're the ones who should be asking you what happened." Jake said. 

"What? I fell asleep in the desk chair while I was working on editing the footage from earlier, that's why my laptop is up on the window ledge," I pointed to it, "keeping my back to the room was freaking me out, especially since I had headphones on. I fell asleep like an hour after I got back, I just had a little headache."

"Maybe she was sleep walking?" Sam said.

"I've never sleep-walked before, except..."

"What?" Colby pushed.

"It was just once, after my dad died, my mom found me curled up on the living room rug holding his picture, but I didn't remember going there, so I decided to tell her I sleep-walked."

"That's horrible, " Corey looked up from his phone. 

"Yeah, sorry about your dad..." Sam said. 

"Thanks, it's alright though, he died like almost 10 years ago now. Do you guys really think I sleep walked?" 

"Yeah, that seems pretty likely." Sam replied. 

"When we came in the room we saw your computer on the ledge but we didn't see you so we figured you were probably in the bathroom or went out for a walk or something. I noticed you in the bathroom on the floor when I went to see how much of the film you'd gotten through." Colby said, "I thought you'd slipped and hit your head or something but you weren't bleeding, so we just brought you in here and you finally woke up after like ten minutes. That was terrifying, I thought you'd just dropped dead or something." 

"I thought you were pulling another prank on us." Jake said, "Colby yelled your name when he saw you on the floor and we all rushed over, but I was honestly convinced it was another joke. Sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I laughed, "I probably would have thought it was a joke too, or at least hoped it was a joke." 

"Well, do you want to stay here with us while we investigate, or do you want to go rest in the other room? I don't think you should lug the big camera around right now, just in case it was a fainting spell. If you have another one you could really hurt yourself carrying that thing or it could wind up completely broken." Sam asked. 

"I don't really want to be alone in the other room in a haunted hotel after I may or may not have sleep walked, so I'm going to go sit in the more secluded part of the lobby and sort through more the footage since I'm awake now. It's funny, most people wake up after fainting and are exhausted, but I feel well rested." 

"Alright, I'll text you when we stop the investigations for the night or when we're just chilling out and you can come hang with us." Sam said. 

"I'll help you carry your stuff down to the lobby in case you feel fainty again."Colby said helping me up. 

"Thank you," I smiled, walking a few steps over to where my laptop was and tucking it in my bag with my headphones, "Um.. have you guys seen my phone?" 

I was confused. I had it when I fell asleep and it was attached to my headphones but now I have my headphones and no phone again. 

"I haven't seen it, have you guys?" Sam asked the others

"Oh its right here!" Jake pulled it off the top of the cabinets beside him, "When Colby brought you in here I saw it sitting on the bathroom counter next to the sink. It was running by the way, which is why I thought you were playing a prank. Like you heard us coming and just dropped and left the water running." 

"The faucets!" Corey yelled.

"Oh my gosh!" Sam yelled in agreement.

"What about them? The Queen Mary thing?" I asked. 

"We'll talk about this tomorrow, you just go chill and work on your editing or take a nap." Sam said, "We don't need you passing out again."

"Right." I half smiled, a bit embarrassed and followed Colby out of the room while he carried my back pack for me.

When we arrived at the elevator bank, he called for the down elevator. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I said quietly, "I'm sorry, by the way, for snapping at you a bit earlier when you asked me that. I had a headache and that probably led up to whatever happened in the room. I'm also really sorry that I kind of suck at my job." 

"Try seriously suck," Colby chuckled. 

"Jerk," I hit his arm playfully as we stepped into the elevator. 

"Let's hope you don't have any more excitement tonight, or else we're going to have to call 911." he laughed.

"999" I told him.

"What?" he was confused. 

"In the UK it's 999, not 911." I looked at him a bit shocked, "Did you guys not prepare for if something bad happened?"

"No, we usually just go with the flow." the elevator arrived on the lobby level as he said that, and he stepped out, "We weren't really expecting you, either." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed. 

"Nothing, nothing, forget it," he jogged ahead to avoid further questions, "Let's get you set up, slow poke, I'm sure they're just waiting on me to start the investigation." 

"Geez! I'm coming!" I ran after him. 

When we arrived to the seating area, I set my stuff up on the coffee table and got comfy on the couch. 

"Call us if you feel sick!" Colby said as he walked back toward the elevators, stopping at the concierge desk on the way to talk to the man behind the counter. I don't think he knew I was watching because he pointed and looked at me and then smiled awkwardly before going back to his conversation. 

I looked back to my computer on the table and then I changed my mind. I pulled my hood up so the shadow blocked the light from my eyes and curled up on the couch to take a nap. Maybe this nasty jet lag and headache will finally go away.