Chapter IV

"[𝐍/𝐍]! look I wrote this! I want you to be the first to read it!" A young Shigure said while jumping up and down, pestering the girl to read his sad excuse of a book

She looked at the book, it wasn't really all that special.

First of all it was hand written and, let's just say Shigure's hand writing wasn't the best.

Second it was just three sheets of paper being stapled to look like a book.

And third... "Why is there a picture of two stickman...uh kissing?"

'If that's even what they're doing...' she sweat-droped.

"Yes! that's what they're doing! It's about a girl who couldn't be with this boy so they snuck out to be together!" he said while smiling widely.

'...why does this sound like the rip off version of Romeo and Juliet?'

"Uh huh..." well I can't be rude...

"Awesome! Amazing! I know you'll be a great writer when you grow up!" she said while trying to hype him up.

This only made him want to waste more paper- I mean write more "books."

"Hehe yeah! Come on [n/n]!" He then grabbing her hand and started running with her to who knows where.

She started thinking if she will be granted permission to go to school with Shigure, Ayame, and Hatori. The thought of it would be wishful thinking, but she hoped Akito could show some kind of sympathy. 

She tugged on the ear cuff that refused to leave. [y/n] sighed, it became a habit of hers to play with the piece of jewelry hoping that it would miraculously fall of if she did it enough times. But every time pulled was just another reminder that her powers were no longer there.

Her eyes landed on Shigure, hoping his dreams along with Ayame and Hatori will come true. She smiled at the boy making him smile back.

'I know what you're going through [n/n]. Don't worry...I'll protect you. I'll protect everyone I love.'