day 1 - strawberry surprise

hello all! I know this is different from what I usually do, but I hope those of you who like the game enjoy this! it's my first time writing and posting anything MysMe anywhere, so I'm really excited but also nervous!

the prompt for today was 'birthday!'

enjoy! <3

_____

She stifled a yawn as the elevator dinged, signaling that she'd finally reached the top floor. Twisting her wrist to meet her face, she double-checked the time, pushing her anxieties down as she stepped into the hallway that led to his penthouse.

The chief of security was waiting for her near the door, giving her a warm smile as she approached. She offered the other guards standing nearby friendly smiles as well, silently reciting their names in her head.

"Good morning," she spoke lightly, feeling the puffiness of sleep still linger around her eyes as she maintained her smile.

"Good morning, miss," the chief replied, unclasping his hands from behind his back. He placed a hand on the doorknob, lending her another encouraging smile. "I haven't heard any movement in there yet, so you should be in the clear," he told her in a hushed tone, earning an amused smile from the security guard to her right.

"Thank you," she whispered back. She gave him a nod and an enthusiastic thumbs up when he looked to her expectantly. He opened the door to the penthouse quietly, letting her slip inside and closing the door just as noiselessly behind her.

She took a deep breath and looked around the small entryway. There were none of the normal signs that Jumin was awake yet, most of the penthouse still doused in darkness, but she still found herself checking her watch again.

5:45 am.

Another yawn threatened her, but she dealt with it quietly, slipping off her shoes and leaving them by the door. She hadn't arrived as early as she'd planned to, but she hoped there would still be plenty of time to prepare.

Jumin woke up at 6 am sharp everyday, but she'd been adamant the previous night that he turn his alarm off and take the opportunity to sleep in. She hoped he would take her advice, but she had firsthand knowledge that even without an alarm, her fiancé was known to wake up on schedule anyway.

With that in mind, she tiptoed to the kitchen, glad that it was partially closed off from the rest of the penthouse. Her fingers tingled with excitement as she took her jacket off, surprised at how fast his birthday had arrived. She'd begun planning two weeks prior, but it seemed like time had passed in an instant.

It was just strawberry pancakes, but the simple dish had become something special to the engaged couple. She wanted it to be perfect.

She started gathering what she needed, closing cupboards as quietly as possible and wincing when she placed the pan on the stove a little too loudly. She worked on slicing the strawberries, tying her hair up and slipping on the apron that hung on the wall.

Working as quickly as possible, she had just started throwing together the batter for the pancakes when 6 am rolled around. She listened for the sound of his alarm, just in case, and breathed out in relief when she only heard silence. But the change of time still set her on edge. This made her a little sloppier, sprinkles of flour settling on the counter and bits of egg shell needing to be picked from the bowl. She'd been practicing the dish at home since she'd first had the idea to surprise him, but she hadn't anticipated cracking under pressure.

The large window nearby showed the city below her and the sky that was shifting into dawn. It was a sight she never grew tired of, and when she ended up staring for a little too long, a bit of batter split over the edge of the bowl as she stirred. She sighed, quickly wiping it up and turning on the stove.