day 3 - can i kiss you?

hello! today's prompt was 'soap operas' / 'video games!' I went with soap operas!

this is set during the story mode at 11am on day 8 of Jumin's route, the one where Sarah comes to the penthouse. I wanted to do a bit of a different take on it.

enjoy! <3

_____

"...Got you."

Two simple words shifted the tone of the whole conversation and seemingly the atmosphere of the whole penthouse.

MC tried to hold back her smile when she realized that Jumin had been teasing, unable to tear her eyes away as Sarah's expression fell. She looked hopelessly confused.

"Why are you smiling?" she asked quickly. MC felt her eyebrows raise, thinking she might have accidentally smiled, but Sarah's eyes were glued to Jumin.

There was a new expression on his face, one MC hadn't seen yet. His lips were upturned in a small, satisfied smile. It was attractive on him, but she couldn't help but notice the remaining darkness in his eyes. It had been such an upsetting day for him, and she felt an insistent nagging at her heart when she thought about how he was repressing all of his bubbling emotions.

"I just repeated some lines from a soap opera I watched. It's funny that you're almost replaying that scene for me. Apparently, it's a very popular TV show these days," he explained, his voice calm, unlike the energy that was radiating off the pink-haired woman standing in front of him.

"What?! You were messing with me?!" she asked incredulously, her nails digging into and creasing the photo she'd brought with her.

"Yes," Jumin replied simply, the smile fading from his lips. MC watched as traces of worry and distress laced back into his features, and she wished more than anything that Sarah would leave. For his sake.

"Who do you think you are?" Sarah yelled, her eyebrows making a deep v on her forehead. Jumin lifted his wrist to glance at his watch, adjusting his sleeves once more before opening his mouth to answer. MC watched silently, wondering how he was able to stay so calm while someone screamed in his face.

"Unfortunately, I will be charged with embezzlement if I use company assets for personal means. I'm not keen on being behind iron bars," he responded, crossing his arms over his chest tightly. Sarah scoffed, taking one step closer to the two of them.

"Are you out of your mind?" she asked, her amber eyes blown wide. Jumin didn't step away, keeping eye contact with her as she stared him down.

"Yes. You've managed to come here with a fake photo of my cat you found online and insult my dear MC. My joke is only fair, don't you think?" he asked, his tone darkening and becoming more condescending as he continued on. Despite that, MC found herself flushing slightly at his reference to her, pressing her lips together to hold back another smile.

"I've never insulted her!" Sarah yelled, making MC's eyebrows knit together on her forehead as she remembered just a few minutes before. "And the cat photo! I...I was tricked too!" It was obvious that she was reaching for any purchase as she tried to lie, attempting to regain Jumin's trust. But it was futile, and MC knew that. Why wouldn't she just leave?

"And isn't it rude that you let another woman in your house when you're engaged?! And at that, such an average looking girl!" she exclaimed. Before MC could even take a breath, she noticed Jumin bristle, his expression becoming far fiercer than she'd seen before.

"MC is not an average girl," he spoke quickly, making her heart palpitate in her chest as she watched him. "What you see isn't everything. You won't understand even if I explain it to you."