Article III

Section 1

The executive power of the United States shall be vested in a president. He or she shall hold his or her office for 4 years and, together with the vice president, who shall be chosen for the same term, be elected only by direct popular vote.

Naturalized American citizens shall be ineligible from holding the office of president. Only naturally born American citizens from the District, a state, or a territory before, during, or after the adoption of this constitution shall be eligible for the office.

No one shall be president or vice president unless either, on the day on which they take office, is at least 35. No one shall hold either office if 65 or older. The president and vice president must each be a 14-year resident of the United States.

The president and vice president shall be paid for their services. Their salaries shall be fixed to the rate of inflation upon first taking office, and they shall never decrease nor increase for the remainder of their term in office. They shall not receive during their term in office any other payment or emolument.

The president, the vice president, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for and conviction of treason, bribery, or any other high crime or high misdemeanor.

No person shall be elected to the office of the president more than twice, and no person who has held the office of president or acted as president for more than 2 years of a term to which some other person was elected shall be elected to the office of president more than once.

The terms of the current president and vice president shall end at noon on January 20. At such time, the terms of their successors shall begin.

Before entering into office, the vice president shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I, [full legal name], solemnly [swear or affirm] that I will support and defend The [Ordinal Number] Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; bear true faith and allegiance to the same; take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."

Before entering into office, the president shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I, [full legal name], solemnly [swear or affirm] that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States of America; bear true faith and allegiance only to the United States of America; and, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend The [Ordinal Number] Constitution of the United States of America."

Section 2

The president shall be commander in chief of the armed forces and of the state militias when any are called into the country's service. The president may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments for any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices. The president shall have the power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except during impeachment investigations and proceedings.

The armed forces shall consist of only an army, which shall include a coast guard; a navy, which shall include a marine corps; an air force; and a space force. Except for Congress officially declaring war, the United States shall be forbidden from invading foreign countries and using military and intelligences forces for its own political, economic, or social gain or influence.

The president shall have the power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties so long as 2/3 of the Senate concur. The president shall, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, nominate and appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, <Supreme Court justices, >and all other officers of the United States whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for and which shall be established by law. Congress, however, may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as it thinks proper, in courts of law, department heads, or only the president.