🅴🅿︎ 🅵🅾︎🆄🆁🆃🅴🅴🅽

Dominique's POV

A month passed and everything is at somewhat of a normal again. Especially for me—-more guys who want something from me yet they're not willing to show me that same love in public.

Trades...god I just hate the fucking word.

I'm too much of a smart and gracious person and I get this shit. The hell did I do to deserve this mess? I'd kill to be beefing with someone rather than dealing with boys and their messy feelings.

I want to be with someone who truly wants to be with me. But instead the Earth chooses to grace me with the presence of those who want to take advantage of what I have. I'm tired of it and I won't tolerate it. It's what I used to say before I get suckered in by their compliments and my attraction towards them.

"So where you going after school today?", this random boy asked. Here I was sitting in history class minding my own and he wants to talk me up like I know him. I'm not a mean person I swear and I'm not opposed to going out with someone just to hang out, but if you feel the energy around me---you'd know I'm not in the mood to talk at all. And the boy whom I don't know at all is not feeling that energy.

"Home, straight home," I answered shortly returning to my reading.

"Maybe instead of going to your house, you can come to mine."

I turned towards him with a smile as he grinned back at me, "Is that an invitation for sex--not even a date first?"

"Well I don't know about a date but once we get alone, I don't think you'll be worried about that."

"Well I hope you know I'm not easy like that and if you ain't even willing to take me out then you definitely not getting anything from me. Being on the DL isn't fun so don't take that road and don't try it with me if that's your plan."

"Please, ain't nobody was tryna get with you anyway," he scoffed and turned towards our teacher lecturing.

"You wouldn't be able to handle me anyway. Watch your tone too because you have the wrong one, better ask somebody." It's funny how all of a sudden he doesn't want me but before you wanted me in your bed, quite a switch-up.

"Yeah, aight. Ain't nobody scared of your punk ass."

"You wanted to get with this punk so please. And I'll show you how this 'punk' handle disrespectful niggas like you along with my friends, brothers, cousins, uncles, and family in general. I hope you know who you talking to little boy."

He was gonna say something again till someone turned back and tapped the desk.

"His boyfriend too and I know you know me Marcus. Didn't we just talk on the field the other day?", boyfriend? I don't agree with that but judging how this Marcus guy was looking, he real scary now. We'll let this play out.

Marcus just got up and moved seats as the guy replaced the seat next to me. I just stared at his side profile as he said nothing, paying attention. Deciding to say something, I tapped his shoulder.

"I don't think you should be making claims like that with other people, thank you but I don't know who you are."

He chuckled holding out his hand as I shook it, "Zakari, surprised you don't know who I am. I'm on the football team with your brothers. I play wide receiver---lot of people know me around here."

"Well I guess you're not that special as you're making it seem," I gently smirked as he shook his head with a playful glare.

"Dominique. I like the way it rolls off my tongue. Your name real special around school, hear about you all the time."

"Mhm, and what do you hear about me? The lowkey guys on the basketball and football team talking about my ass denying they want some, the girls who are trying to get to my money----which perspective you got?", he was interesting. I completely cut out the teacher and just turned my attention to him. It's like all my attention is drawn to him.

"Nah, I don't truly listen to anybody else and pitch into their mess. My perspective on you is a whole lot different. I know how to admit when I want somebody and make it known when I'm gonna go get what I want. I see you as somebody who looking for the wrong thing, need a change of direction."

He fully turned to me with a mischievous upturn of his lips as I gave the same back. The way he's talking to me and sending me these undertone statements is something else. I can hear him loud and clear while I literally have to strain myself to get some form of real affection from the boys in my past. The question is what game is he playing at?

"I'm guessing that change of direction is yourself. Pretty full of yourself, you'd think I'd give you the time of day when I bypass all others in here that are just like you. Unless you're different----you different or should I say fuck you and go about my day per usual?"

"I observe a lot and I know you like when people keep it real with you. Keeping it real, I ain't too different cause yeah, I'm trying to get into your pants but I would like to get to know the person I'm making love to."

The bell rung as I laughed at his response. I like that but I ain't gonna let him know that. I hope he continues to keep it real with me because who knows, I probably might give him a chance.

"That's bold of you to say you plan to make love to me," I gathered my things and walked out as he trailed behind me all the way up to my locker. Right where Nate was waiting for me. As soon as we locked eyes he smiled before noticing Zakari behind me. His smile turned to a straight face as he deeply stared at him. If these two have something going on, I'm not in the middle of shit.

"Nathaniel."

"Zakari."

I looked between the two standing on each side of me laughing at their little confrontation. There isn't gonna be any fighting over me like I'm some object. I will ghost both of their asses if it comes to that---Nate shouldn't be getting jealous over anything anyway. He had his chance and I'm through with him for real. Friends is the only title between us.

"There's a football game tonight at 8. I'll be looking for you in the bleachers," Zakari said tapping my elbow before walking off but not before flicking off Nate.

I opened my locker acting like I didn't see anything before I closed it seeing Nate fuming. Here he goes with his little attitude. I thought I was something else but I am to be proved wrong.

"Why the fuck you talking to him Dom? Stay away from that nigga and I don't want to hear any back talk."

"Okay Nathaniel, I'll stay away from here," I walked off as I heard him yell behind me, "I'm not playing with you Dominique!"

I just nodded going off around the corner. What made him think I'll actually listen to him, I listen to my damn self.

Victor's POV

It was lunchtime as I sat on top of my car eating a cheesesteak hearing Kinsley and Armelle talk to their friends. I don't have much on my mind but one thing and for the past two weeks I've been around just...there. Everybody is worried about me and I for one am not happy with myself.

I'm not the type to just sit around not joining in on conversations. I'm the one with the slick mouth and care-free attitude that honestly makes for a lot of fun in some situations. I'm not cursing out people like I usually do and many are concerned. I know, it seems like something someone should be happy about----not being a sassy dick. But that's in my personality and knowing the reason why kills me.

I don't like being taken out of character.

To be continued...

Sorry for lack of updates, I hate taking so many AP classes. ❤️