Chapter 2

Right as I felt the urge to throw up I was pushed out of the fire and in to the lobby of Gringot's. Taking steadying breaths, I brushed off my clothes and took a couple of steps away from the open fireplace. I look around me with awe. The cool air coming from the marble helped ease my queasy stomach. Marble floors and columns matched with massive chandeliers and giant velvet curtians. It was a sight to behold. From the moment I stepped through the fireplace I was stepping into an entirely new being, first impressions are everything, especially when the families' reputation precedes me.

Soon afterwards mother came through, and then father. Due to it being the week before school, the bank was bustling with people getting money for school shopping. Hushed whispers and the groaning of the carriages were drowned out by the click of our shoes against the marble. One of the tellers beckoned us over to one of the carriages.

A perk of being one of the twenty-eight was that people just knew who you were. We climbed into the carriage and a soft creak pushed us off into the dark chasms. I tried not to look over the edge as we passed vault after vault, taking us deep into the depths of the bank. A long dragging sound made me look around nervously and turn towards my mom next to me.
"What was that?" I whispered just as a deep growl shook the track.
"They keep dragons in the vaults to protect everything. Don't worry, you'll be safe."

Eventually we arrived at our vault. The door moving and mechanically clicking apart like a massive watch face. Father stepped forward to take a few stacks from the massive pile, knowing that what he gave me would be more than enough for all my supplies, I thanked him and got back in the carriage. Mother and father grabbed something else deep within the vault and then climbed on board so that we could finally head back to the surface. I'd be content never coming back to the dark and steep chasms.