𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑.𝟎

CHAPTER 3 - MARRIAGE 3

They're nuts. The ministry has completely gone bonkers.

Y/N NOTT1st view

Y/N NOTT
1st view

WHEN GOING back to Hogwarts, there was always this random emotion you couldn't even explain, whether it may in awe, anxiousness, happiness, excitement, or maybe fear, paranoia. I don't know. Ever since my first year, I've always been this jumbled mess of feelings whenever I go back to this beautiful castle. Merlin, I just don't know why I'm so nervous. It's been 2 years ever since I came back and still it looks so beautiful, the light the moon sky enhanced the beauty of the structure, as if the damages of the war never happened. There were no destroyed pillars, no dead bodies, the walls looked the same. The entrance hall also looked like same as the time when we first came here as first years.

When we arrived at the Great hall, the nostalgia begins to hit me, it was like being in first year again and it was overwhelming and it almost brought tears into my eyes. The enchanted ceiling of the night sky reminds me of Hermoine, the first time I met her, she was telling me that the ceiling was indeed exchanted as the night sky according to Hogwarts: A History. I remember the time when I was sorted into a different house from hers, breathing out a laugh as I remembered a first year Hermoine waving at me from my house table (she noticed that none of my housemates wanted to talk to me as I'm a Nott, and their reputation to other pureblood, half bloods and muggle borns wasn't the best) she wanted me to go sit beside her and that's how I met Harry and Ron. Ever since that day, I made it my routine to sit everyday at the Gryffindor table.

As I was about to go to the Hupplepuff table, a hand grabbed my arm to pull me to where the Gryffindor table is. I pouted at the tight grip on my arm as the curly haired Gryffindor continues to drag me to a bench and sat me there, she flopped herself down beside me as the two boys set across from us. I turn to Hermoine and asked, "What was that for?" Hermione sighs, "You were going to sit on the Hupplepuff table," I lifted a brow and argued. "So?" the Gryffindor just crossed her arms, "So, you're just going to be depressed and lonely there and I wanted you to sit here."

Only shaking my head at my best friend, Harry was quiet as to Ron was just resting his head on the long table, complaining about food. I surveyed the whole great hall, noticing only a few familiar faces. It seems that after getting their letter, few of the six and seven years decided to not come back, as they probably had enough of this place or just didn't want to go back where such traumatic events happened. I mean, I probably wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for Theodore. My eyes roamed the teachers table and let out a sad sigh as I see Professor Slughorn sitting to where the past Potions Master sat.

Back in my past Hogwarts years when Snape was still alive, we both got along quite well (Harry and Ron thought I was mental). He wasn't that bad as everyone thought he was, I'd like to think that he was misunderstood. Yes what he did to other students (mostly Neville) was cruel, but if you know when to not mess up in his classes and proved to him that you're not an absolute dunderhead, he was a really pleasant person to talk with. I really liked him and respected him because he was brilliant as a professor (was a bit harsh). And he liked me because I was just so brilliant at potions, he simply adored me, in a you-have-my-respect-student way.