𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:WORRIED

CHAPTER THREE:
WORRIED

SAGE FLIPPED THROUGH THE PAGES again, her eyes running over every single word that was placed inside of the file. And then, her eyes fell on to the picture of Maria Hill. She took it from the paperclip that was keeping it attached to the file, and brought it close to her face. Her eyes scanned every feature of the woman, her eyes narrowed into slits as she cocked her head slightly. Sage had to admit, the woman was pretty. She had all of the attractions that Sage liked in a woman, and that made her silently curse under her breath towards Beatrix.

A knock came on her door, making her glance up to see Roxanne entered the room. Sage let out a soft sigh before she placed the photo back into the file, closing it and tossing it onto her desk. She ran her hands through her dark hair as Roxanne closed the door behind her. The woman looked at Sage, offering her a small smile.

"So, have any ideas on what you're going to do?" Roxanne asked, taking a few steps closer towards the woman. Sage looked at her friend, shaking her head in response.

"Not a clue."

Roxanne studied her for a moment before placing a hand on the young woman's shoulder. Sage bit the inside of her cheek, shaking her head. Roxanne cocked her head slightly, frowning as she watched the doubts fly across Sage's face. "Don't do that."

Sage turned her head, frowning slightly. "Do what?"

"Don't doubt yourself on this." Roxanne told her sternly. "You can do this, Sage. You've always done really well on missions."

"Yes, but I wasn't forced to date any of my targets." Sage snapped back, removing herself from Roxanne and walking over to her bed, sitting down and placing her head into her hands. She let out a scoff, shaking her head. "This is Maria fucking Hill that she wants me to 'seduce'. I'm not Black Widow, I don't seduce people, I shoot them."

"Don't seduce her." Roxanne shrugged. Sage frowned, looking up at the woman who slowly came to sit beside her on the bed. "Just. . . tell her the truth. Talk to her. Be the victim if you have to. You know what happens if you don't do this, Sage. I don't want that to happen to you or any of us."

Sage sighed, nodding her head. "I'll come up with something. I always do."

Roxanne smiled in response at this before standing up, taking a step towards the door. "Well, I'll leave you to it, then." Roxanne gave her a small nod before opening the door and walking out, leaving Sage there to sit and think. What was she going to do? Well, first, she had to figure out a place to run into Maria Hill. She needed to catch the woman off guard, and she needed a character. She needed a new name. She needed a backstory. She needed to make a checklist to ensure that Maria wouldn't find out who she was, and who she was working for.

Sage let out a sigh, opening the file once more to look at the picture of Maria. She scanned the picture over and over, thinking over any possible scenarios that could happen once the two came face to face. Sage needed to be kind, she needed to revert to how she was before her hometown was blown off of the map. And the only way she was going to do that, was by getting out her anger.

So, that's what she did. Sage walked down to the training room, wrapping her hands, before slamming her fists against the punching bag over and over. She knew it was getting late, and she knew that she needed to be prepared to leave for the beginning of her mission tomorrow, but she couldn't go to sleep without letting out every emotion she had.

Blake watched the woman through the glass door before he decided to open the door, entering the room. Sage stopped, turning her head when she saw the man entered. He walked over to her and she turned her head away, going back to the punching bag. Blake held the punching bag, letting the girl to have the chance at punching as hard as possible. He watched her in silence before breaking it.

"You're really worried about this, aren't you?" Blake asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he watched the woman.

"Well, it is my first mission, Blake." Sage responded through clenched teeth, keeping her rhythm up as she slammed her fist against the bag.

"Yes, but that's not the part you're worried about." He told her. Sage stopped, letting out a huff as she raised her eyebrows at him. She nodded her head over to the mats and he followed her before they began fighting against one another.

"And what pray tell am I actually worried about?" She asked, grabbing his hand and sending a kick to his stomach. Blake balanced himself, looking at her for a minute before lunging at her again, blocking her hits as she did the same.

"You're scared of actually falling for her." Blake told her. Sage paused, looking at the man before shaking her head slightly.

"No I'm not."

"You are." He nodded. Sage stopped, placing her hands on her hips as Blake did the same, watching the girl. "You're scared because you know that she's exactly your type." Sage narrowed her eyes at the man and he just smirked in response. Sage let out a huff, rubbing a hand through her hair before nodding again.

"One more round."

Blake smirked. "We never finished the first." And with that, the two lunged at each other once again.

" And with that, the two lunged at each other once again