7.2 Awkward Feelings

"...and then, I wasn't thinking anymore, just living the right moment, and I gently grabbed her chin, pulled it toward me, just like that..."

Kalle smiled, pulling up the chin of little Ryder, who giggled, and gave him a teasing look.

"...and I kissed her passionnately."

The boy made a disgusted face as his sister hid her eyes behind her hands while giggling.

"That's disgusting Uncle Kalle"

He laughed, crossing his legs and beckoning the kids to come closer to sit on his knees.

"Love isn't disgusting, kids. Love is amazing.", he statted in a smile, "If there was no love, you wouldn't even exist"

He booped Honeymaren's nose as she blinked before frowning.

"Why ?", she asked.

The older man winked.

"It's a secret only parents know", he said amusingly as the little girl faked a pout.

Then he clapped his hands together, getting the kids' attention.

"And now the thing you're all wondering is...", he paused to take a high pitched voice, "how did you know you loved that girl more than a friend, my dear master Kalle ?"

Ryder bursted out laughing.

"You're not master Kalle, you're just our uncle"

Kalle put a finger on the boy's lips.

"Don't tell anyone about this", he winked again just before clearing his throat."Well, kids...it's quite difficult to know at first. When you have a good friend, you feel like you could spent all your time with her, talking, laughing, even the more boring things become interesting when you are together"

He paused for a few seconds, giving the kids a teasing smile.

"But there is one thing..."

"What?"

He smirked.

"Desire.", he whispered, moving his hands expressively above him, "You don't only like this person as a friend, or as a model or something. You don't only even find her beautiful, kind and funny. There is something more, just here."

He placed a hand on his torso, just on his heart.

"You want more than just talking. You want to caress her face, to kiss her, there is physical attraction"

"What are you telling them Kalle?"

The kids turned to their father who talked, sitted at the other side of the campfire. Kalle grinned even more before clearing his throat.

"That I find your wife amazingly beautiful, wise and kind, but that it does not mean that I'm in love with her", he replied in a mocking tone, then turning to their mother, "I'm sorry Hillà"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"You really never stop...", she statted in an amused smile, resting her head on her husband's shoulder.

"They are too young to understand your heartaches, brother"

Kalled sighed as he glanced down to the kids.

"Of course you're not", he whispered to them in a smirk.

Then he looked up again to his brother, giving him the best mocking grin he could.