Chapter nine - When it hurt, it hurt to the core.

Chapter nine – When it hurt, it hurt to the core.

Fluttering my eyes open I yawn and looked around, I was still in the hotel we checked into last night. I turned to my side and watched as River at the same time come out of the bathroom with a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. My body tingled as memories of last night came flooding in, River's touch is something else and probably the best I've ever had and even though my system was filled with substances that enhanced my senses, I still felt that without it would still be the same.

River hadn't noticed me yet, giving me the opportunity to properly look at him in a way I haven't ever thought to look at him before. Leila was right River was hot with a capital H, it was undeniable, I felt as though I refused to see it because he was Harry's friend but there was no turning back from that now. Him being shirtless gave me real insight on how basketball and American Football has been treating him and it also showcased his tattoos, both arms to his torso, I almost moaned.

"You done ogling at me?"

My face warmed up in reply and I thanked God for my dark brown skin tone, instead I sat up and stretched. I glanced at River who hadn't turned away and had his bottom lip between his teeth, biting down hard. I tilted my head and scrunched up my face at him and it only took another minute before realised I was butt naked from last night. I don't know if it was possible but my face burned and mortified, I attempted to cover my breast with my arms and quickly made my way to the bathroom.

Repeatedly I slap my head once I was sure the door was locked behind me, trust and believe it would be me to forget my nudity in bed. I even went ahead and stretched with my arms up and everything, fuck River for not saying anything. Facing the mirror, evidence from last night smack me in the face, I had a trail of love bites from my neck down to my pearl, River was smirking at his love bite masterpiece. I also got a good look at myself, other than my hair which needed attention I looked somewhat better. I had lost a little weight my belly is not as out as it used to be and my chubby cheeks aren't as chubby. I looked more relaxed, the bags under my eyes were pretty much non-existent and my headaches wasn't as frequent.

"There's water and paracetamol for you," River informs me as soon as I come out of the bathroom. "And some spare clothes that I had in my car, I figured you didn't want to wear the dress you came in with."

" I don't get hangovers." I told him then thank him for the clothes.

"Is that one of the side effects of being a druggie?"

That was all that was needed to pull me back down to earth and be reminded why I didn't like River in the first place. He is in for a very big surprise if all he thinks I've done is drown myself in alcohol and drugs whilst I've been away. I wasn't even going to bother explaining myself to him as well, there's no point when it comes to the ignorant is there? All I wanted was to get back home, to Pedro who I am sure is worried sick about where I am but still insanely looks incredibly calm.

Putting on River's shorts and hoodie on, the guilt took over my heart for considering Pedro's place a home. I'm pretty sure it's possible to have more than one home, I think of my shared flat with Leila a home yet I've never felt more stable at Pedro's. What is a home anyway? Some think a home as feeling and others as a place to build memories, I like to think that a home is your safe haven, a comfort zone maybe, a place where you can truly be yourself and at the moment that was Pedro's house.

"I suggest we leave soon," River pulled me out of my thoughts. "Its about two-hour drive back."

"By all means go ahead don't let me slow you down."

"What are you talking about?" He frowned. "I'm taking you back home as in back to Harry, Leila..."

"I brought myself here, I'll take myself back." I replied attitude laced in my tone.