[Chapter Four]

🔓🔎🗝

Bòidheach - Beautiful

tha, a bheil e ag obair? - yes, does it work? (Might be wrong, google sucks sometimes)

Leannan - Sweetheart

🔓🔎🗝

I'm woken up by my front door slamming shut and, out of shock, my body jerks into a sitting position as I blink my eyes into focus. At first, I'm scared of an intruder coming in to steal anything or kill me. After a few seconds of watching my closed bedroom door, I realize it's CeCe. I had given her an extra key I case she needed me and her way of announcing her presence is slamming the door, never caring for my neighbors.

I had never necessarily given her a key, I was saving it for if I found a boyfriend. CeCe just took it and walked in one day with Taco Bell and pizza, announcing we were bingeing Netflix. I don't care if she stole it, she's my friend and she's never used it to do anything bad she's usually good at texting me that she's coming over. This is an example of how she wakes me up sometimes. She said she'd give it back when I found a boyfriend or a roommate, until then, she can keep it.

Rolling my eyes, I happen to turn my head towards my pillow when I see my phone. Suddenly, everything that had happened last night with Lewis flood my mind, and I snatch the device from the pillow. Checking the call history, I'm shocked when it says the call ended one hour ago. That means Lewis had stayed on the phone all night, either up and waiting if I needed to talk again or asleep with me.

It's only eleven-thirty, I should have time to get a shower and get dressed before going to the park. Although getting past CeCe will probably be a hassle if she has something planned, then again, she's always wanted me to meet new people. Telling her I have a date - it is a date, right?- will most likely make her excited and let me leave in peace.

Taking a deep breath and trying to ignore the heavy seed of doubt that has been planted in my brain, I slip off the bed and put my phone charge. I can hear CeCe going through my kitchen while I quickly pick out cute yet acceptable clothes, wanting Lewis to like the outfit. After setting the clothes on the unmade bed, I run to the shower in the bathroom across the hall.

Coldwater never bothered me except when it's fully snowing it helps waken me up when I step in the shower. I take short showers, especially when I fear I'll be late to something, only washing what needs to be washed; below the waist, armpits, and hair. Scrubbing hard enough it burns slightly, as an extra assurance I won't reek. I'm out in ten minutes and hastily dry off, running back to my room with a towel blocking my front- not caring if CeCe catches sight of my butt.

Sure enough, "Tom! Gross! I don't need to see your little twink ass!"

I ignore her again, she'll walk in eventually when she curious. My chocolate brown mop of hair is still dripping as I yank my underwear and black jeans on, and I use the towel in an attempt to make it damper. I had decided that a light blue cropped hoodie with a tight black tank top under it would be perfect to make Lewis's attention stay on me. I hope, at least, not having much confidence in that thought.

Normally, I'd go with a baggy hoodie and comfortable pants that aren't jeans, but I want to impress Lewis and make him want me. As CeCe says, 'Show off your assets', I'm going to try to do just that. Usually, I'd keep to my hoodies when with strangers because certain people are jerks, but I'm willing to let this be an expectation. Lewis is delightful and caring, I doubt he'd be a swine and make an inappropriate comment about me.