Chapter 1

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own RWBY!}

*Menagerie*

Derek, Ryu, Andrew, and Nicolas were on their way to the city of Menagerie. With them was Ariana, a Wolf Faunus Huntress who often takes jobs protecting people in Menagerie. With them are her client's a white haired cat faunus she said is named Finn Snow and his young daughter Bela Snow. Finn was out in the forest and had hired Ariana to be his guard while he gathers herbs since he makes medicine. They soon reached the city and everyone stared at them as they drove into town. Ariana got off quickly. "Mr. Snow needs medical attention. He was attacked by beowolves!" She said and several people ran over as Andrew helped them get Mr. Snow off his ATV and they carried him off for medical treatment. Bela was taken to her mother as several guards approached Derek and his team. They didn't look happy about their presence and several other faunus were staring at them in fear or anger. "You humans shouldn't be here!" The head guard said glaring at them but suddenly Ariana stood in between them and looked at the guard. "Hold on Officer. These humans aren't from Remnant! They're from a different world!" Ariana said and the Officer raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" The offficeer said and Derek pulled out a newspaper and walked over to the Officer and held it out to him. 

The officer took the paper and at the top of the paper read New York Times. He then looked at the headline and the picture on the front page. The picture was of a strange city the officer has never seen before and the streets had signs of blood and body bags all over the place as well as Grimm lying dead in the streets decaying. The headline read 'Nearly 20,000 dead in New York City after Portal opens near Times Square!' The Officer's face paled as he looked at this and the destruction. The officer looks at Derek. "This paper could be a fake but something tells me it's real." The officer said and Derek nods. "Yeah I wished it wasn't real, but it is." Derek said and the officer nodded. "What's going on here?" A man's voice said and Derek looked towards the voice to see a large man with black hair and a beard with yellow eyes. "Chieftain Ghira!" The Officer said and Derek looked at the Officer and then to Ghira. Ariana then spoke up. "Chieftain Ghira, these humans here are from another world!" She said and the Officer nods. "The Huntress is right Ghira!" The officer said handing him the newspaper and Ghira looked at it then at Derek. "I see. Then why are you soldiers here?" He asked him. "The government of our country wanted to investigate this side so we were sent through to scout out the area." Derek replied and Ghira nods. "Come with me to my house. I'd like to hear more!" Ghira said and Derek nods and him and his team followed. "Chieftain Ghira can I sit in on the conversation? I want to hear more about these people!" Ariana said and Ghira nodded.

Once at his house Ghira looked at Derek. "Only you and you must leave your weapons outside!" Ghira said to him and Derek nodded. "Very well." He said before handing his M4 to Andrew and then pulled out his pistol from it's holster and handed it to him and removed his bulletproof vest and placed it on his ATV. "You sure about this Boss?" Nicolas asked and Derek looks at him. "We're trying to build peaceful relations not start a war! If this helps towards peace then so be it!" Derek said and Nicolas nods. "Alright but we'll be ready to back you up if things go south!" He replied and Derek nodded. He then walked into Ghira's house with Ghira and Ariana. "Oh Ghira you're back!" Said a woman with black hair and amber eyes. She has cat ears on her head. "Oh Ariana it's good to see you." She said smiling and Ariana smiled back. "It's good to see you too Mrs. Belladona!" Ariana said smiling and she nodded and then she looked at Derek. "And who's this?" She asked and Ghira spoke up. "That's what we're about to find out. Dear could you make us some tea?" Ghira asked and she nodded and she left. Ghira then headed to a table and sat down and Derek and Ariana sat down as well. 

*An Hour Later*

Derek had finished explaining everything to Ghira, Kali, and Ariana and they were all surprised by how advanced Earth was and how low tech in others, but of course Earth didn't have Grimm to make technology advance faster, though they were also shocked  by how bloody Earth's history was as well and how many wars have been sparked up over just one century. Derek took a sip of the tea Kali has made for them. "Like I said the government of the United States of America do not wish to start a war with you and your people. Besides the politicians back home would look bad in the eyes of the voters if they sent Americans to die on another world for some stupid cause." Derek said and Ghira looks at him. "It sounds like you have a problem with some of your leaders?" Ghira asked and Derek nodded. "In a way yeah. Don't get me wrong I love my country but some of the politicians that run it are either greedy or in it for themselves. Luckily not all of them are all that bad though." Derek said and they nodded. 

Ghira looked at him. "This is all interesting but I still need to keep the best interest of the people of Menagerie in my decision. How do I know you won't treat the faunus the same as the humans of Remnant do?" He asked him and Derek looks at him. "Ghira sir. My country isn't the perfect country. We've made our fair share of mistakes and the land has been stained with blood from our fights for freedom and our war against each other, but we try to learn from our mistakes! I can't say that everyone will accept the faunus but there are a lot more people in America that will!" Derek said and Ghira was taken aback by Derek's answer. Ghira nods and looked at Derek. "I'll keep your words in mind Derek." He replied and Derek nodded. "You and your men can stay here for the night. After talking to you I can see you're not a bad person and that you truly mean no harm to the faunus of Menagerie." He said and Derek nodded again. "Thank you for your hospitality." Derek replied.

{And done with another chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Until the next update!}