Chapter 2

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter! DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own RWBY!}

*Menagerie*

It's been 2 months since Derek and his team entered the portal and now the U.S. Government has established a peace treaty between Menagerie and the United States of America. The Peace treaty between the U.S. and Menagerie gives the U.S. control of the area the area where the portal opened up on Menagerie. The U.S. Military then proceeded to build a base around the portal to lock down control of what enters it to keep any Grimm going through it.  The base is quite large and the is big enough to have both helicopter landing pads and an airbase. The airbase has several fighter jets and a some cargo planes. There's also a mixture of both attack and transport helicopters on the base. The base also has several defense positions with several heavy canons and machine guns to defend against Grimm attacks. There's also a flat area around the base that's about 20 feet to the treeline. As for Menagerie the Ghira allowed the U.S. to set up a U.S. embassy. 

Currently Ghira and Kali were touring the base with Major General Greg Evans. Evans is the commanding officer of Menagerie base. "It seems your men are almost done with the base!" Ghira said and Evans nodded. "Yes. Though we still have a lot of work left to do!" Evans said and Ghira nodded. They then get to an area of the base where several Faunus who were once scientists in Atlas now reside on Menagerie and they were currently working with several scientists from Earth and they were currently working on an easy way to get satellites into orbit. The U.S. Military wanted to get long range communication satellites into orbit to help out with their communications but also help out with improving Remnant's communication problems. "What if we used Dust to fuel the first half of the rocket then rocket fuel for the second engine. That should keep the cost down and also make it easier to get it high enough to deploy the satellite!" One of the Earth scientists proposed. "That actually might work. We should run some tests to ensure it will succeed first!" One of the faunus scientists replied. "What are they working on?" Ghira asked. "We're trying to launch a satellite into orbit to improve communications of Remnant." Evans explained and Ghira nodded. "I see. That would be a great help." Ghira replied.

Meanwhile on another side of the base the Wolfpack was training with Ariana. Ariana who once saw Derek and his men as possible enemies now sees them as good friends and allies. Derek and Ariana were currently sparring in hand to hand combat and they were both getting a good workout from sparring with each other. After a minute the two stopped and took a break. "So Ariana can I ask you something?" Derek said looking at her. "Depends on the question!" Ariana replied. "Were you apart of the White Fang?" He asked her and she looked at him and then looked away and she nodded. "Yeah I was when they were peaceful but once Ghira stepped down from being the leader of the White Fang I decided to go to Vale and become a huntress. Afterwards I had a hard time getting jobs so I came back to Menagerie." She explained and Derek nods. "I see." He said before taking a sip of water. "How about you? Why'd you join the army?" She asked him and he looked at her. "Well I wanted to make the world a better place and I wanted to do something that had meaning so it was either go to law school to become a cop or join the military. I decided on joining the Army." Derek explained and Ariana nodded. "I see." She replied and Derek finished off his bottled water. 

"So are you married?" Ariana asked him and he looked at her a little surprised by the question but shook his head. "No. I'm single. It's hard to have a stable relationship with someone when you have to be gone for months at a time and even leaving at a moments notice also puts a lot of strain on a relationship." Derek explained and Ariana nodded. "I see. That makes sense." She replied and Derek nodded. After a few more minutes of resting they got back to training.

{And done with another chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Until the next update!}