Chapter 16

I'm so excited to post you this chapter!!! I hope you'll enjoy :) 

See you at the end hehe ;) 

*****************************************************

He nodded, being suddenly curious. He sat at the edge of the bed just where I was before and leant backwards on his hands. I shyly went to grab my jacket and took out the tiny pouch from my pocket with shaky hands. I sat back crossed leg on the bed, right next to him. He did the same to face me, eyeing at the small thing in my hands.

"Here, I don't know if it's a real one, but here it is...," I whispered, handing it to him.

He took it gently on his hand and arched his eyebrow while pulling out the small object from the pouch. He froze for a second then brought the little object to his eyes to look at it closely and that's when his eyes widened.

"Holy shit," he cursed.

I almost started when I heard him being rude. It was just not in his nature to talk like that. He then glanced at me in amazement. I've never seen such an expression on his face before.

"Is it... Is it a real one...?" I asked haltingly.

He slowly made it roll on his hand and suddenly got up and picked up his phone. His stare switched between the diamond and his phone. Then, he sat back at the edge of the bed but sideways this time so he would face me, before handing me his phone.

"That's what I thought... look, it's a blue diamond, Jungkook."

My eyes widened at what I saw on the screen. He put his phone away and looked back at the gemstone.

It was a necklace - a silver chain on which was hung a beautiful, tiny but incredibly shiny diamond. Whenever my boss would make it move, the light of the room was reflected on it in pretty bluish reflections. The brunette seemed to be deeply shocked with what I found.

"How much does it cost, sir...? What's it worth...?" I eventually asked.

He stared at me deeply and stood up again. His features looked calmer and brighter now. I stood up as well.

"Put your jacket on, we are going to find that out right away. There must be a jeweler not far away who'll be able to tell us its value," he said.

I was glad to see him so different. I wouldn't say that he was all cheerful and smiling but it felt like all his dark thoughts had suddenly left his mind, leaving no room for anything else than his fascination for the jewel he had just discovered. Taehyung put the necklace back in the small pouch and handed it back to me. I put it in my pocket and made sure to zip properly the zipper. Afterwards, we went downstairs and left the hotel. Then I hopped in the car and my boss drove off. I was so excited to know how much the diamond cost. Not because I wanted to sell it or anything. It was just out of curiosity.

Taehyung looked on his phone for a jewelry store specialized in gemstones, which he quickly found so he typed the address on his GPS. I could read on the little device that the said store was about half an hour away from here. Great, because I couldn't wait.

"Where did you find the stone?" the brunette broke the silence.

"In the bathroom, the diamond was shining through the pouch..."

"You did well by taking it, Jiho must be hopeless."

I started laughing slightly at what he said. Taehyung glanced at me in amusement, probably surprised to hear me laughing. I blushed and averted my eyes to the window.