Chapter 19 part 4 - you werent here for him

"I was going to talk to him." Spencer says breathlessly, grabbing the floor boards nervously.

I was furious, whether Rick was here or not, I'd be the one talking to him. "About what." I pressed it harder, making him wince, "W-What he was going to do!- he already did what he was going to do so... so I can go-"

I pressed it harder, feeling his bone I knelt down to his height, my grip on the pen making my knuckles white. "You snuck into Rick and Is house, you weren't here for him. You knew he was locked up." I glared, "Come to think of it, you helped put him in the cell."

His eyes stopped watering in pain, and he didn't look scared. The anger in me washed away, he was faking it.

He grabs my throat, throwing me into the kitchen, I gasped gripping the side of my cheek. "You came for me! You lied!" I yelled, frantically standing up I grabbed the kitchen knife.

"Woah, you made the first move." He puts his hands up, panting he steps into the kitchen.

I was by the sink, he was behind the island.

"Because you broke in my house." I growled, my grip on the knife tighter. "And you threw me into the island, I think I have a right."

He steps closer to me, I put the knife out in front of me to show him to 'get back'. "Put the knife down." He nods, stepping back.

"Leave, now. Or I will." I glared waving the knife, "I was trained."

He glared, grabbing a glass cup he throws it at me. It shatters on my temple, I didn't feel anything.

The door slams open, Carl rushes in. "GET OUT!" He screamed, Michonne runs in at once, grabbing him by collar she throws him onto the floor, kicking him in the gut.

"Carl I-" I blinked, my eye suddenly getting closed by a liquid running down my face.
"We need to get you fixed, come on." Carl gripped my forearm. Dragging my out the door with Michonne beating Spencer In the gut, dragging him to Deanne.

I wiped my eye, grabbing Carl by the shoulder to ask him to slow down. I noticed blood left on his shirt, I look at my hand. My hand drenched in my blood.

I pressed my temple, "He cut me."
"And bruised your cheek, Rick will kill him. Almost like he did with Pete. I'd recommend you'd keep this one under the table till this subsides." Carl drags me to the infirmary, he seemed almost sad and irritated.

-

"I'm going to see Rick." I tell Eugene who sat in the corner, telling Denise to make sure that every stitch was right. "I don't think that's a great action to take since currently in these circumstances with Rick, I heard what Carl said to you and his accusations are correct." Eugene nods.

"You can probably see him, just lie if he asks you about this." Denise nods, putting the white bandage over the cut. Rubbing a cream on my bruise I winced, "When did this start?" Denise asks referencing to my injuries.

"When we first got here." I nod standing up I put my hair in a low pony tail, changing the subject, "I'll check on Rick, see if he's awake."

Denise grabbed my wrist, making me flinch I tug away. "You have head trauma, I'd recommend you don't." She explained.
"Rick is my life, I'm seeing if he is okay." I responded, storming out.

I could see people staring, looking at my bruise, these people clearly aren't prepared for the dead. Or for manners.

I see Michonne walk out of the house Rick was locked in, once seeing me she diverted her walk towards Carol and over to me. "Rick is sleeping." She nods, "He said he pulled the gun out just in case." She explains.