6: Mama...

"Hello and Welcome to Juzo News. My name is Takahiro Hagiwara. This upcoming story is about the Villain organisation that has been recently kidnapping children that they believe possess powerful quirks, The DU Corps. Early this morning, it has been reported that a child in Musutafu has been kidnapped and it is highly advised that all children, whether with a quirk or none, to always be supervised by an adult. Most of these incidents have been occurring in the afternoons to late at night. Currently there are Pro Heroes working on the case but have not released any information regarding this case..."

Kaede, with a worried hand cupping her face, looks towards her seven-year-old daughter who is drawing on a piece of paper with a blue crayon.

"Haruka," the said girl stops drawing and looks towards her mother, "when you finish school, make sure you come straight home or if you're going with Midoriya-kun, make sure you stay with his mum. Okay? It's going to be harder since your Papa is on a business trip..." Haruka nods her head up and down, not thinking much of the comment and goes back to drawing. Kaede notices the ignorance of Haruka, walks to the table and snatches her paper away from her.

"Mama! I wasn't finished!"

"Well, you're not taking this seriously! Remember how I gave you the phone, how it's only used for emergencies?" Haruka eyes the flip phone in her backpack pocket sitting on the table and sighs.

"Yes, I know, Mama. I'll make sure to come straight home or go with Izu's mum, okay?"

Kaede, with a satisfied nod, gives Haruka back her drawing of an abnormal blue cat and continues to watch the news.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The school bell rings, signalling the end of the school day and Haruka walks out of the classroom, ready to train on her waterbending. After three years of training with Korra since she was four, she tries to train even more in the material world and usually does it after school.

"Haru-chan!" She turns around to see the freckled face of Midoriya. "Mum said that you can come with us and we can drop you off at home," Haruka gives a grateful smile to Midoriya.

"It's okay, Izu. I'm going straight home anyways, so no need to worry."

Midoriya gives her an unsure look, thinking if it's okay to let his best friend walk home by herself. But replaces it with a smile, believing that she will be okay. "Okay, see you at school tomorrow!"

Haruka sighs, punching herself for lying to Midoriya again after he leaves. She has been doing that for a while to Midoriya and to her mother so that she can practice her waterbending.

Wonder what I should practice today...

She walks out of school grounds towards the forest nearby and to the spot that she always uses to practice her waterbending which is a large stream of water. With the extra training of her waterbending, Korra thinks that she should have her test soon to see if she's ready to move on to earthbending.

She puts her bag down and stands near the edge of the water. She inhales and exhales, bringing her hands above her head and lowering it so they are just in line with her core. She fluently makes her fluid movements, almost mesmerising to watch. She conjures up a stream of water to follow her every move, dancing around her little body. She moulds the stream into a sphere and uses her ice breath, solidifying the sphere and roundhouse kicks the sphere to the other side of the stream. Haruka smiles at the feeling, letting her break a small sweat.

It feels so good to bend.

She continues to train by seeing how long she could stand on the water, which is a surprising five minutes, although that did leave her clothes soaking wet sitting in the stream. She walks out of the stream, bends the water out of her clothes and puts the water back into the stream, leaving her clothes nice and dry. She then practices how well she can aim her ice spikes so she creates ice columns in the middle of the stream. She aims her ice spikes with swift movements which completely shatters the middle column. She smiles triumphantly at the bullseye and keeps training, losing track of time.