Chap. 32 ~ Failed Attempt

Katelyn, Aphmau and I follow Garroth to a place Garroth and I know well, it's a less guarded area of O'Khasis. We arrive at a house that look abandoned, cause it is.

"Garroth, are you sure about this?" Aphmau asks. "Don't you know if there's another way out of O'Khasis."

"Unless you want to ask some of the Tu'La guards if we can use the front gate, there really isn't another option. We'll have to stay here until nightfall." Garroth explains.

"If there really isn't another way, wait- How do you know that this house is safe?" Aphmau questions. "What if someone is living there?"

"Don't worry, we should be fine. No one should be there. It's always been abandoned." Garroth says.

In the background we can hear glass break.

"Well I hope you're right. Cause if anybody lives here they are not going to be very happy with us now." Katelyn says.

"Katelyn! We have to be quiet. What if someone hears us?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm breaking it as quietly as I can." Katelyn says in reply to Aphmau.

Aphmau scoffs.

"It looks a lot like vandalism." Garroth says.

"You could call it that too." Katelyn replies.

"There was a key to get us in, you know. You didn't HAVE to break the window." Garroth retorts.

"Well, it's a little late for that now." Katelyn says.

"You think, Katelyn?" I question.

Aphmau and I snicker.

"You should have said something before I made a new door for this house." Katelyn says. "Come on. What are we waiting for?"

"Well, shall we?" Aphmau asks.

"Yeah." Garroth replies.

"Let's use Katelyn's new 'door'." I laugh.

We walk along the edge of the roof and make it to the window, we climb into the house and spread out, having a look around.

"See, sometimes punching things CAN be the answer." Katelyn says.

"You've uh... Got some glass in your hand there, Katelyn."

"PFFT! Details."

"I can try to heal it if you'd like?" Aphmau suggests.

"It's just a scratch, I'd rather you save your power for something not as trivial." Katelyn replies. "Hm... I thought this place would be fancier. You know, since it's owned by your family and everything."

"I never said this house was owned by my family." Garroth says. "In any case, it's not... Vylad and I would use this house whenever we needed to get away from everything. All the rules and responsibilities. We used this house to escape it all..."

"I remember the first time I came here... It was also the last time I was in O'Khasis with you... Before I joined the Jury." I mutter the last part.

"And you're sure we'll be safe here? Does anybody else know about this place?"

"Everyone that knows about this place is either here... or gone..." Garroth says.

"That's a little dramatic, don't you think?" Aphmau asks.

"Heh. Yeah. Sorry. This place brings back memories. Just got caught up in them." Garroth says.

"This place may not look it, but it's safe. Trust me. We're in a secluded part of town, we'll be able to hear and sentries patrolling around here, and as long as we don't cause any commotion..." I explain.