Chapter 80

We enter the dim room to see a bald, rich looking man sat directly in front of us. He's wearing a very expensive looking suit and funnily enough, on his wrist is a shining, gold Rolex.

"Welcome" He says, standing up at our presence. He has a deep voice which gives the impression of a scary man not to be messed with but then he smiles widely, completely changing his persona. He seems nice enough.

"Hi" I say nervously

"Skylar Potter." He states "And the blonde one from that duo. What were you called again?" He says rather rudely

"Jack and Jack sir" JJ says holding his hand out. Mr Langford stares at it and Jack retreats it very slowly. Jack seems just as nervous as I am.

"Thank you for agreeing to me with me" He says looking to me. I hold my newly watched hand out to him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir" I smile. He notices my watch and smirks.

"That's a nice watch. What make is it?" He asks me. I look at it breifly and notice the word Armani.

"I'm not entirely sure, I got it as a gift" I smirk. He's testing me to see how big headed I am.

"Ah, well please do take a seat" He says sitting down. I do as he says and watch him lean forward, over the desk. "So Skylar, the reason I wanted to meet you today is because I think you have great potential"

"Thank you" I smile

"Usually I would require a demo cd before meeting a client. But I don't think you need one. I can clearly see that you have talent."

"Thank you" I repeat

"I was wondering if we could quickly record a chorus of something? Just for reference?"

"Sure" I smile. He gets us and begins to walk towards the door.

"Come with me" He says turning back to me. I quickly get up and follow him. "James get the studio set up" He orders. James looks at me and smirks as if to say I'm doing something well.

"Will do" He responds before running to a nearby door. He grabs a key chain out of his pocket and fiddles around trying to find the correct key.

"The blue one James" Mr Langford says as he waits impatiently next to the door. James looks to me again and pauses. He then shakes his head and turns his concentration back to the lock. "It seems as though you've got my nephew rather flustered" He says turning to me.

"Uncle!" James whines

"Don't worry James, she won't mind. You don't mind do you Skylar?"

"I guess not" I shrug "Please, call me Sky" I smile

"Okay done" James says pushing the door open. He walks into the dark room and we follow. He makes his way over to a silver box on the far wall and pulls a lever attached to it. Instantly, the whole room lights up and computers begin to automatically turn on.

"Thank you James" Mr Langfrod dismisses him. He gets the idea and leaves the room. He leads me over to the booth and I walk inside, putting on the headphones. A few seconds later I hear his voice again. "So what do you want to sing?" He asks. I look to Jack for help.

"She's good at best mistake by Ariana Grande" He tells Mr Langford.

"Hard song. You sure about that Sky?"

"I guess we could give it a go" I shrug. He nods and fiddles around on the computer for a few second before the backing music starts in my ears. Jack gives an encouraging thumbs up and I begin to sing.

---

"Okay. That's enough" I hear Mr Langford's voice in my ears as the music stops. I wasn't prepared for the rap part too. I thought I was only doing the chorus. I look at him through the thick glass. I can't tell if he's impressed or disgusted. "Do you know radioactive by imagine dragons?" He asks.

"Yeah" I tell him

"Can we try an acoustic version of that too?" He asks "Can you put your own spin on it?"

"I can try" I giggle.

(A/N: Listen to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons- Sabrina Carpenter version for this)

The music starts and I hum the beginning. I start to sing on my queue. After the first 2 lines I add a slight whistle tone which I'm not sure worked or not. Worth a shot. I softly sing the rest of the song until the chorus starts and I now have backing singers. This is so weird.

I sing as best as I can until the track finishes. I open my eyes to see both Mr Langford and Jack stood shocked to silence. Was I really that bad? They look at eachother for a brief moment and then back to me. Mr Langford leans into the mic on his side of the glass and speaks to me.

"Thank you Sky. You can come out now" Well I've blown it. I do as he says and follow him back into the office. On the way I watch as both Lucy and James stare at me in shock too. Did they hear that too? Oh god. I also see Jack and Cameron looking at me too. What's happening? There's another female artist sat waiting for her time with Mr Langford. Don't worry I won't be in here much longer.

I walk into the office and Mr Langford pulls out his phone and begins to type furiously. He puts it away a few second later and then looks back to me.

"I have another client waiting so James is going to take you for your photos. Thank you for your time Skylar Potter, someone will be in touch if we decide we are interested. I need to consult with my team before I make any decisions."

"Thank you" I say in shock. That's it? He opens the door for me and Jack and we exit swiftly. I wait for the door to click behind me before I say anything. "Was I really that bad?"