I.

'Shit!'

Although it is only one minor error, Revali is unable to recover; pride wounded, the Rito Champion loses balance and has no choice but to land. Trying to aim multiple Bomb Arrows while simultaneously flying at high speed is difficult, and dangerous, for any Rito. Over the years, Revali has managed this skill efficiently, yet in the past week, his confidence has wavered significantly to the point of embarrassment.

When he lands, it isn't graceful.

Understandably Revali is angry. And, instead of quietly accepting failure, he decides to blame his faults on his audience –– who, to be perfectly honest, weren't really paying that much attention in the first place.

'Insufferable,' he mutters to himself. Raising his voice, he turns to his companions, Mipha and Link. 'I could do without your premeditated judgement, thank you.' He winces, irritated to have somehow damaged his left wing. 'Usually––' Usually, I can do this. Usually, I'm the best at this, but for some reason, I can't do it anymore.

To add insult to injury, instead of biting back, Mipha expresses concern over his wound. 'Shall I have a look for you?'

Revali glowers at her. A part of him is insulted she asked, but it is a logical conclusion to make. He is hurt. Glancing at Link, expecting a smug look in his general direction, Revali lifts his wing for Lady Mipha to inspect. He has heard of her healing abilities, but he has never actually experienced them before.

The Rito hisses in pain when she identifies the wound.

'You're burnt.'

'Great,' he mumbles.

'Let me.'

Revali lets her. It's a bizarre sensation. Kind of itchy, but also soothing. Perplexed, he watches the Zora Champion conduct her healing. She's thorough, and calmly takes her time, ensuring that not only the burnt is cooled and recovered, but that there aren't any open wounds. Quietly, arms folded, Link waits.

'I wish we were informed what the point in all of this is. I don't need any ice-breakers, especially with the likes of you.'

Link sighs, refusing to respond.

Fortunately Mipha doesn't take offence as easily as the men.

'Perhaps this is an attempt to reconcile our differences. When it comes down to it, we will all need each other to protect Hyrule.'

'So, what you're suggesting is: us making friends will help us survive the Calamity.'

Mipha chuckles quietly. 'Chance would be a fine thing.' She stops her magic, pleased with her work. 'There. Good as new.'

Inspecting his wing, Revali has to admit she has done a very good job.

'Thanks.'

'You're welcome.'

Link steps forward. 'May I offer some advice?'

Mipha internally cringes. Revali won't take that question well.

And, lo and behold, he doesn't.

Revali immediately straightens, shoulders back, bow clutched in his hand. 'On what ?'

'The next time you're up there trying to impress everybody, you should stop worrying about what others think of you.'

'I don't care what others think of me.'

'Really?' Link raises a brow. 'Because I honestly believe that your obsession to impress is the reason you've been making so many mistakes recently.'